- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Fresh produce, music from Firelight Dimmers at July 18 City Market
Online Staff Report
Don’t miss the great variety of fresh produce in season from local farmers! Visit Rockford City Market this week for zucchini, spinach, kale, lettuce and more.
What to expect at City Market this Friday, July 18
• Music — Firelight Dimmers (4-7:30 p.m.)
• Kids’ activities — Kids’ activities will be provided by Midway Village (sock monkey crafts) and Auburn Creative and Performing Arts Theatre (face painting).
• Featured artists — Rockford Etsy Booth: Lillyan Lou; Rockford Area Arts Council: Sherry Pritz; Rotating Artist: Beverly Broyles (watercolor paintings, notecards, and hand-painted wine glasses); Gates: Rockford University — Visit the booth for information about registering for classes in the fall semester.
Rockford City Market takes place every Friday from May 30 through Oct. 17 along Water Street between State and Jefferson streets in downtown Rockford. It runs from 3 to 8 p.m. before Labor Day and 3 to 7 p.m. after Labor Day. The market includes local growers and vendors who sell natural products, including vegetables, fruit, meat, cheeses, flowers, herbs, baked goods, wine and healthy snacks, as well as artisans and vendors with unique offerings and live entertainment by a variety of performers.
Rockford City Market is a collaborative effort of several agencies, including the Rock River Development Partnership, Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, and the City of Rockford.
Posted July 17, 2014