- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Fresh produce, music from Firelight Dimmers at July 18 City Market
Online Staff Report
Don’t miss the great variety of fresh produce in season from local farmers! Visit Rockford City Market this week for zucchini, spinach, kale, lettuce and more.
What to expect at City Market this Friday, July 18
• Music — Firelight Dimmers (4-7:30 p.m.)
• Kids’ activities — Kids’ activities will be provided by Midway Village (sock monkey crafts) and Auburn Creative and Performing Arts Theatre (face painting).
• Featured artists — Rockford Etsy Booth: Lillyan Lou; Rockford Area Arts Council: Sherry Pritz; Rotating Artist: Beverly Broyles (watercolor paintings, notecards, and hand-painted wine glasses); Gates: Rockford University — Visit the booth for information about registering for classes in the fall semester.
Rockford City Market takes place every Friday from May 30 through Oct. 17 along Water Street between State and Jefferson streets in downtown Rockford. It runs from 3 to 8 p.m. before Labor Day and 3 to 7 p.m. after Labor Day. The market includes local growers and vendors who sell natural products, including vegetables, fruit, meat, cheeses, flowers, herbs, baked goods, wine and healthy snacks, as well as artisans and vendors with unique offerings and live entertainment by a variety of performers.
Rockford City Market is a collaborative effort of several agencies, including the Rock River Development Partnership, Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, and the City of Rockford.
Posted July 17, 2014