- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
Fresh produce, music from Firelight Dimmers at July 18 City Market
Online Staff Report
Don’t miss the great variety of fresh produce in season from local farmers! Visit Rockford City Market this week for zucchini, spinach, kale, lettuce and more.
What to expect at City Market this Friday, July 18
• Music — Firelight Dimmers (4-7:30 p.m.)
• Kids’ activities — Kids’ activities will be provided by Midway Village (sock monkey crafts) and Auburn Creative and Performing Arts Theatre (face painting).
• Featured artists — Rockford Etsy Booth: Lillyan Lou; Rockford Area Arts Council: Sherry Pritz; Rotating Artist: Beverly Broyles (watercolor paintings, notecards, and hand-painted wine glasses); Gates: Rockford University — Visit the booth for information about registering for classes in the fall semester.
Rockford City Market takes place every Friday from May 30 through Oct. 17 along Water Street between State and Jefferson streets in downtown Rockford. It runs from 3 to 8 p.m. before Labor Day and 3 to 7 p.m. after Labor Day. The market includes local growers and vendors who sell natural products, including vegetables, fruit, meat, cheeses, flowers, herbs, baked goods, wine and healthy snacks, as well as artisans and vendors with unique offerings and live entertainment by a variety of performers.
Rockford City Market is a collaborative effort of several agencies, including the Rock River Development Partnership, Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, and the City of Rockford.
Posted July 17, 2014