- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Fresh produce, music from Firelight Dimmers at July 18 City Market
Online Staff Report
Don’t miss the great variety of fresh produce in season from local farmers! Visit Rockford City Market this week for zucchini, spinach, kale, lettuce and more.
What to expect at City Market this Friday, July 18
• Music — Firelight Dimmers (4-7:30 p.m.)
• Kids’ activities — Kids’ activities will be provided by Midway Village (sock monkey crafts) and Auburn Creative and Performing Arts Theatre (face painting).
• Featured artists — Rockford Etsy Booth: Lillyan Lou; Rockford Area Arts Council: Sherry Pritz; Rotating Artist: Beverly Broyles (watercolor paintings, notecards, and hand-painted wine glasses); Gates: Rockford University — Visit the booth for information about registering for classes in the fall semester.
Rockford City Market takes place every Friday from May 30 through Oct. 17 along Water Street between State and Jefferson streets in downtown Rockford. It runs from 3 to 8 p.m. before Labor Day and 3 to 7 p.m. after Labor Day. The market includes local growers and vendors who sell natural products, including vegetables, fruit, meat, cheeses, flowers, herbs, baked goods, wine and healthy snacks, as well as artisans and vendors with unique offerings and live entertainment by a variety of performers.
Rockford City Market is a collaborative effort of several agencies, including the Rock River Development Partnership, Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, and the City of Rockford.
Posted July 17, 2014