- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
Groundbreaking for new RVC Aviation Maintenance Technology Program facility July 18
Online Staff Report
At 10 a.m., Friday, July 18, the Greater Rockford Airport Authority (GRAA) and Rock Valley College (RVC) will hold a groundbreaking ceremony for the RVC Aviation Maintenance Technology Program facility.
The 40,000-square-foot state-of-the-art building will be on the Chicago Rockford International Airport (RFD) grounds and will house the RVC educational course of study for aeronautical maintenance and repair and will allow RVC to expand and enhance its current program.
The RVC Aviation Maintenance Program is designed to promote economic development and position a more strongly educated and aligned workforce for the region. GRAA and RVC announced the details of the program in February.
Speakers at the groundbreaking include Mike Dunn, executive director, Chicago Rockford International Airport; Paul Cicero, chairman, Greater Rockford Airport Authority; Mike Mastroianni, president, Rock Valley College; Michael P. Dunn Jr., Board of Trustees, Rock Valley College; and Patrick Murphy, Board of Trustees, Rock Valley College.
Additionally, Todd Morgan, Aviation Maintenance Technology Program faculty at Rock Valley College, will be available to answer questions related to the program from a faculty and student perspective.
The groundbreaking site is south of the airport on Cessna Drive and can be accessed off Belt Line Road. Parking is available across from the site at 6050 Cessna Drive.
Posted July 17, 2014