- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Groundbreaking for new RVC Aviation Maintenance Technology Program facility July 18
Online Staff Report
At 10 a.m., Friday, July 18, the Greater Rockford Airport Authority (GRAA) and Rock Valley College (RVC) will hold a groundbreaking ceremony for the RVC Aviation Maintenance Technology Program facility.
The 40,000-square-foot state-of-the-art building will be on the Chicago Rockford International Airport (RFD) grounds and will house the RVC educational course of study for aeronautical maintenance and repair and will allow RVC to expand and enhance its current program.
The RVC Aviation Maintenance Program is designed to promote economic development and position a more strongly educated and aligned workforce for the region. GRAA and RVC announced the details of the program in February.
Speakers at the groundbreaking include Mike Dunn, executive director, Chicago Rockford International Airport; Paul Cicero, chairman, Greater Rockford Airport Authority; Mike Mastroianni, president, Rock Valley College; Michael P. Dunn Jr., Board of Trustees, Rock Valley College; and Patrick Murphy, Board of Trustees, Rock Valley College.
Additionally, Todd Morgan, Aviation Maintenance Technology Program faculty at Rock Valley College, will be available to answer questions related to the program from a faculty and student perspective.
The groundbreaking site is south of the airport on Cessna Drive and can be accessed off Belt Line Road. Parking is available across from the site at 6050 Cessna Drive.
Posted July 17, 2014