- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Groundbreaking for new RVC Aviation Maintenance Technology Program facility July 18
Online Staff Report
At 10 a.m., Friday, July 18, the Greater Rockford Airport Authority (GRAA) and Rock Valley College (RVC) will hold a groundbreaking ceremony for the RVC Aviation Maintenance Technology Program facility.
The 40,000-square-foot state-of-the-art building will be on the Chicago Rockford International Airport (RFD) grounds and will house the RVC educational course of study for aeronautical maintenance and repair and will allow RVC to expand and enhance its current program.
The RVC Aviation Maintenance Program is designed to promote economic development and position a more strongly educated and aligned workforce for the region. GRAA and RVC announced the details of the program in February.
Speakers at the groundbreaking include Mike Dunn, executive director, Chicago Rockford International Airport; Paul Cicero, chairman, Greater Rockford Airport Authority; Mike Mastroianni, president, Rock Valley College; Michael P. Dunn Jr., Board of Trustees, Rock Valley College; and Patrick Murphy, Board of Trustees, Rock Valley College.
Additionally, Todd Morgan, Aviation Maintenance Technology Program faculty at Rock Valley College, will be available to answer questions related to the program from a faculty and student perspective.
The groundbreaking site is south of the airport on Cessna Drive and can be accessed off Belt Line Road. Parking is available across from the site at 6050 Cessna Drive.
Posted July 17, 2014