- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Groundbreaking for new RVC Aviation Maintenance Technology Program facility July 18
Online Staff Report
At 10 a.m., Friday, July 18, the Greater Rockford Airport Authority (GRAA) and Rock Valley College (RVC) will hold a groundbreaking ceremony for the RVC Aviation Maintenance Technology Program facility.
The 40,000-square-foot state-of-the-art building will be on the Chicago Rockford International Airport (RFD) grounds and will house the RVC educational course of study for aeronautical maintenance and repair and will allow RVC to expand and enhance its current program.
The RVC Aviation Maintenance Program is designed to promote economic development and position a more strongly educated and aligned workforce for the region. GRAA and RVC announced the details of the program in February.
Speakers at the groundbreaking include Mike Dunn, executive director, Chicago Rockford International Airport; Paul Cicero, chairman, Greater Rockford Airport Authority; Mike Mastroianni, president, Rock Valley College; Michael P. Dunn Jr., Board of Trustees, Rock Valley College; and Patrick Murphy, Board of Trustees, Rock Valley College.
Additionally, Todd Morgan, Aviation Maintenance Technology Program faculty at Rock Valley College, will be available to answer questions related to the program from a faculty and student perspective.
The groundbreaking site is south of the airport on Cessna Drive and can be accessed off Belt Line Road. Parking is available across from the site at 6050 Cessna Drive.
Posted July 17, 2014