- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
MLB alumni featured at July 19 free baseball clinic for youth
Online Staff Report
SYCAMORE, Ill. — Local youth will have an opportunity to play with their big-league heroes at the Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA) Legends for Youth baseball clinic series Saturday, July 19th. In partnership with the Hanover Insurance Group and Crum-Halsted Insurance Agency, the free clinic features former Major League Baseball players who will teach baseball skills, drills and life lessons for approximately 200 local youth ages 6 to 16.
Players scheduled to attend include 1977 National League MVP George Foster, two-time Reliever of the Year Bill “Soup” Campbell and 1983 American League Rookie of the Year Ron Kittle,as well as Buzz Capra, Gene Hiser, Mike Huff, Gordy Lund, John Martin, Rich Nye, Jack Perconte, Carmen Pignatiello and Scott Sobkowiak. These players combine for 83 years, 4,903 games, 3,293 hits and eight All-Star appearances in Major League Baseball.
The clinic will take place at Sycamore Park District Field 1, running from 9 to 11 a.m., at 435 S. Airport Road, Sycamore, Ill. Alumni players will train at stations including pitching, catching, baserunning and life skills. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. The morning will conclude with an autograph session for children in attendance.
To register for this clinic, visit www.baseballalumni.com. Registration is required.
For more about the clinic, contact Nikki Warner, director of communications, at (719) 477-1870, ext. 105, or visit www.baseballalumni.com.
Posted July 18, 2014