- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Benton Street Diner in Winnebago joins Lifescape’s list of dining sites
Lifescape Community Services’ list of area dining sites has grown with the addition of the Benton Street Diner in downtown Winnebago, Ill. The Benton Street Diner serves specially priced senior meals three times daily to provide a healthy meal at a reduced price.
The diner provides several menu options for each meal, all designed to appeal to any taste.
All seniors 60 years of age or older, plus their spouse, are able to take advantage of the low-cost meals. The breakfast is offered for a suggested donation of $3, the lunch at $3.50, and the dinner is $4.
Lifescape is always looking for family-style restaurants for its senior dining site program. If you know of a favorite restaurant that might wish to participate, contact Scott Blank at Lifescape Community Services at (815) 963-1609.
From the July 23-29, 2014, issue