- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Library holds public forum July 28 in search for new executive director
The Rockford Public Library Board of Trustees will hold a public forum session Monday, July 28, as part of the regular board meeting. The public forum will open at 6 p.m., and will offer community members an opportunity to provide input regarding the director search process.
The Rules for Addressing the Board will apply. Each speaker will have 2 minutes to address the board. Comment cards will be available.
This forum will be in the Sullivan Theater, which is within the library’s performing arts and programming venue, the Nordlof Center, at 118 N. Main St., Rockford.
From this forum, the Board of Trustees hopes to receive general ideas from the public about what the community would like regarding qualities for candidates and expectations for this position.
Comments should pertain only to the executive director search. Comments may also be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The director search is being coordinated by The Workplace. At the closing of the application period, The Workplace will narrow the number of applicants for the board to review. At the Aug. 25 board meeting, the final list will be further reduced to three candidates. Final candidates will be brought to Rockford in September for a two-day interview process. During their September visits, the candidates will have the opportunity to meet with library staff and members of the community and interview with the Board of Trustees. Once a suitable candidate has been identified, the board will announce a new executive director.
From the July 23-29, 2014, issue