- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
- Halberstadt: Pet peeve: NFL should take action on long hair
- Meet John Doe: Illinois’ minimum wage ballot question will bring voters to the polls
- First case of Ebola confirmed in the United States
- Tech-Friendly: Bending iPhones and iOS 8.0.2 update
- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
Nominations sought by Aug. 15 for Partners in Peace Awards
• Individuals, groups sought for awards honoring those who promote inspiration, peace
The Violence Prevention Collaborative of the Winnebago County Health Department is seeking nominations of people and organizations to be honored in the field of violence prevention.
We all know of a person or organization that provides inspiration, programs, a helping hand or other good deeds to make our community a less violent, more peaceful place to live. This could be through work with young, old, in or out of schools, neighborhood groups, churches, court or law enforcement services, or countless other ways.
Two categories of Partner in Peace Award nominations are being sought: one for an individual, and one for an organization or group. Anyone may submit a nomination for these two awards. Nominations are due by Aug. 15.
Last year’s group/organization winner was the Young Eagles Success (YES) Club, and the individual Partner in Peace Award was won by Theresa Bielefeldt.
The awards will be presented at a luncheon Sept. 18 at the Radisson Hotel and Conference Center in Rockford.
If preferred, nominations also may be submitted online at http://connect2peace.org/partner-for-peace-nomination.
From the July 23-29, 2014, issue