- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Nominations sought by Aug. 15 for Partners in Peace Awards
• Individuals, groups sought for awards honoring those who promote inspiration, peace
The Violence Prevention Collaborative of the Winnebago County Health Department is seeking nominations of people and organizations to be honored in the field of violence prevention.
We all know of a person or organization that provides inspiration, programs, a helping hand or other good deeds to make our community a less violent, more peaceful place to live. This could be through work with young, old, in or out of schools, neighborhood groups, churches, court or law enforcement services, or countless other ways.
Two categories of Partner in Peace Award nominations are being sought: one for an individual, and one for an organization or group. Anyone may submit a nomination for these two awards. Nominations are due by Aug. 15.
Last year’s group/organization winner was the Young Eagles Success (YES) Club, and the individual Partner in Peace Award was won by Theresa Bielefeldt.
The awards will be presented at a luncheon Sept. 18 at the Radisson Hotel and Conference Center in Rockford.
If preferred, nominations also may be submitted online at http://connect2peace.org/partner-for-peace-nomination.
From the July 23-29, 2014, issue