- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Nominations sought by Aug. 15 for Partners in Peace Awards
• Individuals, groups sought for awards honoring those who promote inspiration, peace
The Violence Prevention Collaborative of the Winnebago County Health Department is seeking nominations of people and organizations to be honored in the field of violence prevention.
We all know of a person or organization that provides inspiration, programs, a helping hand or other good deeds to make our community a less violent, more peaceful place to live. This could be through work with young, old, in or out of schools, neighborhood groups, churches, court or law enforcement services, or countless other ways.
Two categories of Partner in Peace Award nominations are being sought: one for an individual, and one for an organization or group. Anyone may submit a nomination for these two awards. Nominations are due by Aug. 15.
Last year’s group/organization winner was the Young Eagles Success (YES) Club, and the individual Partner in Peace Award was won by Theresa Bielefeldt.
The awards will be presented at a luncheon Sept. 18 at the Radisson Hotel and Conference Center in Rockford.
If preferred, nominations also may be submitted online at http://connect2peace.org/partner-for-peace-nomination.
From the July 23-29, 2014, issue