- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Nominations sought by Aug. 15 for Partners in Peace Awards
• Individuals, groups sought for awards honoring those who promote inspiration, peace
The Violence Prevention Collaborative of the Winnebago County Health Department is seeking nominations of people and organizations to be honored in the field of violence prevention.
We all know of a person or organization that provides inspiration, programs, a helping hand or other good deeds to make our community a less violent, more peaceful place to live. This could be through work with young, old, in or out of schools, neighborhood groups, churches, court or law enforcement services, or countless other ways.
Two categories of Partner in Peace Award nominations are being sought: one for an individual, and one for an organization or group. Anyone may submit a nomination for these two awards. Nominations are due by Aug. 15.
Last year’s group/organization winner was the Young Eagles Success (YES) Club, and the individual Partner in Peace Award was won by Theresa Bielefeldt.
The awards will be presented at a luncheon Sept. 18 at the Radisson Hotel and Conference Center in Rockford.
If preferred, nominations also may be submitted online at http://connect2peace.org/partner-for-peace-nomination.
From the July 23-29, 2014, issue