- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
SwedishAmerican welcomes cardiologist Joel Hellman
Midwest Heart Specialists/AMG at SwedishAmerican welcomes Joel Hellman, M.D., FACC. Dr. Hellman received his medical degree from the University of Illinois School of Medicine in Chicago. He completed family medicine training at West Suburban Hospital in Oak Park, Ill., and an internal medicine residency at the Medical College of Ohio in Toledo. Dr. Hellman continued with a cardiology fellowship at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit.
Dr. Hellman is board-certified in internal medicine, cardiovascular disease and interventional cardiology, and is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology. He has a special interest in complex percutaneous coronary interventions, such as angioplasty and coronary artery stenting.
Dr. Hellman practiced in Rockford from 2007 to 2012. He is now accepting new patients at Midwest Heart Specialists/AMG at SwedishAmerican in the Renaissance Pavilion at 1340 Charles St., Rockford. Call Midwest Heart Specialists/AMG at (779) 696-5888.
From the July 23-29, 2014, issue