- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
Halberstadt: Bears fan needs help in valuing two Packers items
By Doug Halberstadt
Here’s something I never imagined myself saying: “I want some help from some serious Green Bay Packers fans.” Here’s the situation…
I’m trying to help an elderly friend who has two pieces of Packers memorabilia that he’s looking to find a value for. I don’t want to see him taken advantage of by someone because of his advanced age.
I know I could go online and try to track down something for him via eBay or some other Internet sales or appraisal site. What I was hoping for, though, is to actually have a true fan tell me what they think their value is.
The first item is a 2002 NFL Edition Upper Deck Brett Favre bobblehead doll. It is in perfect condition, still unopened in the original packaging. A “collectible card” is included on the back of the box.
The second item is a plaque that is titled “Green Bay Packers — A Cheesehead’s Delight.” It features eight premium brand trading cards. The cards are encased in plastic. The players are Edgar Bennett, Favre, Reggie White, Robert Brooks, Antonio Freeman, Dorsey Levins, Mark Chmura and Qadry Ismail. I don’t know what year this item is from. The only thing I can find is it’s originally from a company called Card Shark Collectibles in Aurora, Colo. When I Googled them, nothing came up. I’m guessing they are no longer in business. This item is also in perfect condition.
As a Bears fan, neither piece has any value to me, but I do realize there a thousands, if not millions, of Packers fans out there who would love to add one or both of these items to their collection. I really would appreciate some help on this one.
If you bleed green and gold and think you might be of some legitimate assistance, please drop me an e-mail. Believe me, I’d do the same for you if you had some Chicago Bears items you wanted to know more about. We can all be friends until the season starts, right?
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
Posted July 24, 2014