- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Aug. 2 Farm to Fork event to benefit Friends of the Central Sands
Editor’s note: The following is from Bob Clarke of Friends of the Central Sands in Coloma, Wis. Among other efforts, the group has been fighting to preserve waterways by fighting against a proposed Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO) in Richfield, Wis. Coloma is a village in Waushara County in central Wisconsin.
By Bob Clarke
Friends of the Central Sands
What do great food, a beautiful organic farm setting, music, wine and stars have in common? The Farm to Fork benefit for the Friends of the Central Sands (FOCS)!
Our friends Genie and Russ at Fresh For Life Organics have opened up their home and farm to a wonderful evening of food, music and camaraderie. Enjoy exotic locally-sourced, plant-based cuisine prepared by Chef Sage-Louise of the Cheese Factory Restaurant in the Wisconsin Dells.
You will be entertained throughout the evening by the Prairie Sands Band while enjoying wine pairings by Wollersheim Winery and local micro-brewed beer. The evening will feature Organic Farm Tours, a stroll along the Walking Path, access to Ice Age Trail, after-dinner bonfire, wine and fellowship.
The event is from 5:30 to 9 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 2, rain or shine, at Metoyer-Brown Farm, W. 12085 Czech Ave., Richford, Wis., (near Coloma, Wis.). Tickets are $85 per person, $150 per couple (discounts for groups of 10). Tickets must be purchased in advance. Visit http://www.freshforlifeorganics.com/Farm-to-Fork.html for a map to the site and to order tickets, or call Genie at (630) 567-0104.
FOCS has been leading some very important, but difficult, legal fights to protect our water, our air and our values. Lakes and streams are drying all around us. The pollution from CAFOs (concentrated animal feeding operations) is coming ever closer to our door. For more than three long years, this fight has continued to protect the very reasons we all love Wisconsin! Your support is crucial to finish this fight!
Special thanks to Genie and Russ of Fresh For Life Organics for hosting this special event. Please join us and support the Friends of the Central Sands. Learn more at http://www.friendsofcs.org/.
Posted July 29, 2014