- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Finalists named for open 67th District seat, candidates to be interviewed July 30
Online Staff Report
Democrats Valeri DeCastris, Burt Gerl, Paul Gorski, Jaime Salgado and Litesa E. Wallace have been named as the finalists for the vacated 67th District state representative seat.
The 67th District seat became available July 2 after Chuck Jefferson announced his retirement after serving in that position since 2001.
The five finalists will be interviewed Wednesday, July 30, at the UAW Hall, 112 N. Second St., in Rockford, beginning at 10 a.m. Interviews will be open to the public.
The three-member 67th District Replacement Committee — composed of Winnebago County Democratic Party Chairman Charlie Laskonis, Odell Simpson and L.C. Wilson — narrowed an initial field of 11 down to five.
The other six who submitted résumés for consideration included Wladimiro “Jesse” Aguirre, Tiana Cooper-McCall, Shelbey Hinkelmann, Jaron Hite, Glenn Patterson and Maurice A. West II.
The interview process is expected to take three hours or less, and the committee is expected to select the most qualified individual to fill the unexpired 67th District state representative term and to be placed on the vacated ballot position for the 2014 election for the same office shortly thereafter following the committee’s review and deliberation.
Posted July 29, 2014