- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
‘Kishwaukee College Student Prints’ exhibit opens Aug. 3 at The Art Box
“Kishwaukee College Student Prints,” an exhibition of photographs, monotypes and relief prints by Kishwaukee College students will be on display Aug. 3-30 at The Art Box, 308 E. Lincoln Hwy. (Route 38) in downtown DeKalb, Ill. An opening reception is scheduled for 6-8 p.m., Friday, Aug. 8.
The exhibit will include black-and-white photography, digital photography, lino-cuts (from linoleum blocks), woodcuts and monotypes (a one-of-a-kind print). All work was completed within the last two years by Kishwaukee College photography and printmaking students.
The following are exhibiting student artists: Jessica Albers, Emily Cotto, Jessica Dilling, Heather Doty, Nathan Dulceak, Jessica Farace, Ashleigh Farris, Marisa Glover, Emily Greer, Eden Hall, Maya Hill, Tina Holdridge, Angie Ocasio, Karen Plutz, Josh Quick, Elizabeth Sheppard, Haley Shriver, Michelle Turcios, Jennifer Wallis, Bladamir Zacarias, and their professor, Robert Davis.
For more information, contact Dan Grych at (815) 758-0313 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The Art Box is open 11 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
Posted July 29, 2014