- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Storybook Science at Discovery Center Museum Aug. 1
“Once upon a time” becomes here and now during Storybook Science from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 1, at Discovery Center Museum, 711 N. Main St., Rockford.
You be the hero, princess, villain or beast. Choose a character from stories or movies, or invent one of your own. Attend in costume and enjoy games, art, crafts and demonstrations. Make a wand, crown, dragon and spider; build a raft like Tom Sawyer; knock down the Big Bad Wolf; take part in a fairytale trivia game. You can even sample some fairytale food!
All activities are included with museum admission: $8 adults; $8 children; free to museum members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. The museum can be reached at (815) 963-6769 or www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted July 29, 2014