- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Storybook Science at Discovery Center Museum Aug. 1
“Once upon a time” becomes here and now during Storybook Science from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 1, at Discovery Center Museum, 711 N. Main St., Rockford.
You be the hero, princess, villain or beast. Choose a character from stories or movies, or invent one of your own. Attend in costume and enjoy games, art, crafts and demonstrations. Make a wand, crown, dragon and spider; build a raft like Tom Sawyer; knock down the Big Bad Wolf; take part in a fairytale trivia game. You can even sample some fairytale food!
All activities are included with museum admission: $8 adults; $8 children; free to museum members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. The museum can be reached at (815) 963-6769 or www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted July 29, 2014