- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Storybook Science at Discovery Center Museum Aug. 1
“Once upon a time” becomes here and now during Storybook Science from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 1, at Discovery Center Museum, 711 N. Main St., Rockford.
You be the hero, princess, villain or beast. Choose a character from stories or movies, or invent one of your own. Attend in costume and enjoy games, art, crafts and demonstrations. Make a wand, crown, dragon and spider; build a raft like Tom Sawyer; knock down the Big Bad Wolf; take part in a fairytale trivia game. You can even sample some fairytale food!
All activities are included with museum admission: $8 adults; $8 children; free to museum members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. The museum can be reached at (815) 963-6769 or www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted July 29, 2014