- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Storybook Science at Discovery Center Museum Aug. 1
“Once upon a time” becomes here and now during Storybook Science from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 1, at Discovery Center Museum, 711 N. Main St., Rockford.
You be the hero, princess, villain or beast. Choose a character from stories or movies, or invent one of your own. Attend in costume and enjoy games, art, crafts and demonstrations. Make a wand, crown, dragon and spider; build a raft like Tom Sawyer; knock down the Big Bad Wolf; take part in a fairytale trivia game. You can even sample some fairytale food!
All activities are included with museum admission: $8 adults; $8 children; free to museum members and children age 1 and younger.
Discovery Center is open 10 a.m.-5 p.m., daily. The museum can be reached at (815) 963-6769 or www.discoverycentermuseum.org.
Posted July 29, 2014