- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
SwedishAmerican Goodwill drive breaks records
SwedishAmerican Health System has donated 9,145 pounds of donated clothing and household items to Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois, becoming the largest corporate donor in the region.
SwedishAmerican teamed up with Goodwill in June and hosted a donation drive at 21 SwedishAmerican locations throughout the community. This is the most pounds of donated items SwedishAmerican has bestowed to Goodwill in one year.
Collections, taken during SwedishAmerican Founder’s Week, included new or gently-used clothing, computers, household items and small electronic toys, games, sporting goods, shoes, jewelry and purses. The 9,145 pounds of donated goods provides 1,481 hours of job/skills training opportunities for individuals with barriers to enhance their lives.
“SwedishAmerican has partnered with Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois for the past several years and is thrilled to hit a record number this year,” said Katryna Kirby, community relations specialist at SwedishAmerican Health System. “SwedishAmerican enjoys giving back to the community, and we want to thank our 3,000-plus employees that generously donated and helped us reach a record-breaking year.”
Sam Schmitz, president of Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois, added: “Goodwill is thrilled to have SwedishAmerican Health System take part in this donation drive. The SwedishAmerican donations will help provide individuals with the opportunity to experience the power and dignity of work through Goodwill’s employment programs.”
To learn more about Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois, visit www.goodwillni.org.
Posted July 29, 2014