- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Taste of Lena set for Saturday, Aug. 2
LENA, Ill. — The Lena Business and Professional Association will host its Second Annual Taste of Lena event from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 2. This year, the Mediacom Taste of Lena event will be expanded to include many fun events for the whole family.
The Food Village near AJ’s Lena Maid Meats will showcase many area restaurants and food vendors participating in the Taste of Lena. Families are encouraged to stop by and try a taste of their wonderful samplings.
At press time, food vendors and non-profit organizations participating in this event include The Rafters, Sapporo’s Pizzeria, Café 217, AJ’s Lena Maid Meats, Stella’s, Route 20 Bar & Grill, An AR Ali 3, Huron Farm Market, Iron Horse Tap, Hungry Dog Hot Dog Cart, Herm’s Kettle Corn, Manny’s Pizza, Logan’s, Beltline Café, Lena Lion’s Club, American Legion, Lena Boy Scouts, Lena Fast Stop, Bailey’s Edge, He-Brews 11, Oak Ridge Amusements, Route 26 Bar and Grill, R & L Enterprise, Wolf Hollow Golf Course, Lena Sports Association and Sullivan’s Foods.
Also near AJ’s Lena Maid Meats, the Smoking Hot BBQ contest will be held. Pit masters will compete for the tastiest barbecue with baby back ribs, whole chickens and briskets.
Another addition to this year’s Taste of Lena will be the Second Annual Taste of Lena Car Show. Twelve classes of events and three Best of Show Awards will be featured. Classes include Pre-1950s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s+, Stock Truck, Mod Truck, Special Interest, Hot Rods, Stock Cycle, Tractors and Mod Cycle. Many trophies will be awarded. For more about the car show, contact Rhonda or Troy Pokoj at (815) 369-9747 of Checkered Flag Auto Body.
Entertainment will be going on all day with several acts. The headline act will be Nashville recording star Corey Cox, whose first single, “Wake Up Drunk,” is climbing the charts. Cox considers Lena his second home. Nashville artist and bandmate Greg Burroughs will open the show.
For more about how to participate or for sponsorship opportunities, contact Ruby Shulz at email@example.com or Marcia Pax at (815) 369-4522.
Posted July 29, 2014