- Phishing scam targets I-PASS users
- 3rd Street bridge structurally deficient, to be closed March 19
- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
‘Tinker’s Hukilau’ set for Aug. 7 at Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden
“Tinker’s Hukilau,” a night of festive entertainment to help commemorate Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum’s new exhibit, “Feel the Life of Hawaii,” will begin at 6 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 7, at Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford.
The event will offer a night of tropical Hawaiian food and entertainment by Aloha Chicago. Be introduced to the various dances of the Polynesian Islands — including Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa and New Zealand. Beautiful costume changes, an amazing hula dance prop performance, a stunning male drummer performer and fun audience participation will all be included. Cocktail hour and garden walk is from 6 to 7 p.m., followed by a buffet dinner from 7 to 8 p.m. and the performance by Aloha Chicago.
Cost for the event is $50 per person, $90 per couple and $360 for a table of eight. Call (815) 964-2424 to purchase tickets, or visit www.tinkercottage.com.
Posted July 29, 2014