- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Festa Italiana set for Aug. 1-3
The 36th Annual Festa Italiana will be Aug. 1-3 on the Boylan High School grounds, 4000 St. Francis Drive, Rockford.
Special attractions include great Italian food and pastries, bocce tournaments for men’s and women’s teams, carnival rides and children’s crafts. There will be continuous musical entertainment like BritBeat, Tony Spavone, Joe Scalissi, Radio Stars, and ACM’s 2013 New Female Vocalist of the Year, Jana Kramer.
Festa Italiana offers a $15 all-you-can-ride carnival wristband, good from noon to 5 p.m., Saturday, and all day Sunday. General admission is $5. Kids ages 12 and younger accompanied by an adult, and all veterans receive free admission.
Entertainment schedule is as follows:
Friday, Aug. 1, 5-11 p.m. — Nick Pontarelli, Opening Statements, Amici Italiani Adult Troupe (on ground), Breath of Soul, Joe Scalissi & The Happy Hour Orchestra, Radio Stars.
Saturday, Aug. 2, noon-11 p.m. — Amici Italiani Youth Troupe, Audio Rewind, Amici Italiani Adult Troupe, Tony Spavone, Diamonti, Mr. Big Stuff, BritBeat.
Sunday, Aug. 3, Mass on the Grounds celebrated by Bishop David J. Malloy, 10 a.m. Entertainment runs from noon-8:30 p.m. — Amici Italiani Youth Troupe (on ground), Vince Amore & The Sound, Amici Italiani Adult Troupe (on ground), Dirty Fishnet Stockings, Amici Italiani Adult Troupe (on ground), Brian Lavender, Closing Ceremonies, Jana Kramer.
For more information, visit www.griaa.org.
From the July 30-Aug. 5, 2014, issue