- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Health Department offers annual Back to School Health Clinic Aug. 13
Winnebago County Health Department (WCHD) will offer the Fifth Annual Back to School Health Clinic for all students pre-kindergarten through 12th grade from 2 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 13, at the WCHD’s 555 N. Court St. location.
Physicals for grades pre-K, kindergarten, sixth, ninth and students new to the district are as follow:
• School and sport physicals — $30
• Immunizations for Pre-K through 12th grade — New for 2014/2015, children entering school at any grade level (kindergarten through 12th) need to show proof of having received two doses of the MMR vaccine. In addition, any child entering kindergarten, sixth grade or ninth grade for the first time shall show proof of having received two doses of varicella (chicken pox) vaccine. Immunizations are $16 each (VFC eligibility required). The child’s immunization card should be brought to the appointment.
• Required dental exams for grades kindergarten, second and sixth — No charge for the dental exam. Dental cleanings, fluoride varnish treatments and dental sealants are available (income requirements).
Call now for your child’s appointment, as times are limited and will fill up quickly. These school physicals and immunizations meet State of Illinois requirements to allow your child to attend school on that very first day. In addition to the required school physicals, immunizations and dental screenings, there will be on-site lead testing, plus vision and hearing screenings.
To make appointments for physicals, immunizations, and dental exams, call (815) 720-4370. For more about the clinic, visit the WCHD website at www.wchd.org, or contact Sue Fuller, WCHD public information officer, at (815) 720-4213.
From the July 30-Aug. 5, 2014, issue