- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
- ComEd and river goers at same level?
- State Roundup: Governor visits IDOT listening tour, told he’s wrong on Turnaround
National Night Out event Aug. 5
The Rock Valley College (RVC) Police Department and Rockford Police Department are teaming up to host a National Night Out event at RVC from 5 to 9 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 5. The event will be in Parking Lot 2 on RVC’s main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road, with some additional attractions in the Physical Education Center (PEC). National Night Out is an opportunity to promote public and police partnerships, crime prevention and community camaraderie. Some of the highlights at this year’s event will include the following: Self-defense and safety tips; K9 and mobile field force demonstrations; Vehicles on display, including police and military vehicles, fire trucks, and the Rockford Police Command Center; REACT helicopter on campus (7:30-9 p.m.); Photo spot where kids can have a picture taken with or in a squad car; community vendors; games; music; giveaways; and free food.
The event is free and open to anyone in the community. The introduction of National Night Out, “America’s Night Out Against Crime,” in 1984 began an effort to promote involvement in crime prevention activities, police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie.
From the July 30-Aug. 5, 2014, issue