- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rockford firefighters kick off annual MDA Fill the Boot campaign July 30
• Kickoff event set for 9:45 a.m., Wednesday, July 30, at Rockford Fire Station 11, 2117 Calgary Road, Rockford
Members of the Rockford Fire Fighters Local 413, along with the Muscular Dystrophy Association, will host a media kickoff event to celebrate its 60-year partnership and kick off the firefighters’ annual Fill the Boot fund-raising campaign to benefit children and adults affected by muscle disease throughout the Rockford area.
Local families served by MDA, Ald. Jeanne Oddo (D-8), Mayor Larry Morrissey (I) and others will be in attendance to help kick off the annual Fill the Boot Campaign. The event will be at 9:45 a.m., Wednesday, July 30, at Rockford Fire Station 11, 2117 Calgary Road, Rockford.
For six decades, firefighters have fueled MDA’s mission to find treatments and cures for life-threatening muscle diseases.
Funds raised through the Rockford Fire Fighters Local 413 Fill the Boot will help support MDA’s efforts to advocate for individuals and families affected by muscle disease; rally communities to fight back; and assist families with lifesaving help and day-to-day support — which includes sending children affected by muscular dystrophy and related diseases to a weeklong, barrier-free MDA summer camp at Timber Point Outdoor Center in Hudson, Ill.
The Fill the Boot campaign also helps support MDA’s worldwide research program and national network of 200 specialized medical clinics, including the MDA Clinic at University of Illinois in Chicago, Shriners Hospital for Children, Northwestern and Ann and Robert H Lurie’s Children’s Hospital.
From the July 30-Aug. 5, 2014, issue