- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Sheila DeForest cares about the people
Community pride, dedication to service and a passion for people; these are traits of Sheila DeForest, candidate for the 45th district of Wisconsin’s State Assembly.
When I first met Sheila, I was really impressed with her. She is not your typical politician; she cares for the people and what the people want. Sheila’s work spans the public and the private sectors, and the results of her efforts show that no matter what, she is focused on creating a positive community.
I am very impressed with how much time Sheila gives as a volunteer, particularly how she coordinates the CUP Food Pantry. Sheila is a very friendly person, and she is always looking for opportunities to help those around her.
I believe that Sheila DeForest is the person to vote for on Aug. 12. I think that she is for the people and that she is a real representative, not a politician.
From the July 30-Aug. 5, 2014, issue