- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Sheila DeForest cares about the people
Community pride, dedication to service and a passion for people; these are traits of Sheila DeForest, candidate for the 45th district of Wisconsin’s State Assembly.
When I first met Sheila, I was really impressed with her. She is not your typical politician; she cares for the people and what the people want. Sheila’s work spans the public and the private sectors, and the results of her efforts show that no matter what, she is focused on creating a positive community.
I am very impressed with how much time Sheila gives as a volunteer, particularly how she coordinates the CUP Food Pantry. Sheila is a very friendly person, and she is always looking for opportunities to help those around her.
I believe that Sheila DeForest is the person to vote for on Aug. 12. I think that she is for the people and that she is a real representative, not a politician.
From the July 30-Aug. 5, 2014, issue