- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Sheila DeForest cares about the people
Community pride, dedication to service and a passion for people; these are traits of Sheila DeForest, candidate for the 45th district of Wisconsin’s State Assembly.
When I first met Sheila, I was really impressed with her. She is not your typical politician; she cares for the people and what the people want. Sheila’s work spans the public and the private sectors, and the results of her efforts show that no matter what, she is focused on creating a positive community.
I am very impressed with how much time Sheila gives as a volunteer, particularly how she coordinates the CUP Food Pantry. Sheila is a very friendly person, and she is always looking for opportunities to help those around her.
I believe that Sheila DeForest is the person to vote for on Aug. 12. I think that she is for the people and that she is a real representative, not a politician.
From the July 30-Aug. 5, 2014, issue