- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Sheila DeForest cares about the people
Community pride, dedication to service and a passion for people; these are traits of Sheila DeForest, candidate for the 45th district of Wisconsin’s State Assembly.
When I first met Sheila, I was really impressed with her. She is not your typical politician; she cares for the people and what the people want. Sheila’s work spans the public and the private sectors, and the results of her efforts show that no matter what, she is focused on creating a positive community.
I am very impressed with how much time Sheila gives as a volunteer, particularly how she coordinates the CUP Food Pantry. Sheila is a very friendly person, and she is always looking for opportunities to help those around her.
I believe that Sheila DeForest is the person to vote for on Aug. 12. I think that she is for the people and that she is a real representative, not a politician.
From the July 30-Aug. 5, 2014, issue