- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Sheila DeForest cares about the people
Community pride, dedication to service and a passion for people; these are traits of Sheila DeForest, candidate for the 45th district of Wisconsin’s State Assembly.
When I first met Sheila, I was really impressed with her. She is not your typical politician; she cares for the people and what the people want. Sheila’s work spans the public and the private sectors, and the results of her efforts show that no matter what, she is focused on creating a positive community.
I am very impressed with how much time Sheila gives as a volunteer, particularly how she coordinates the CUP Food Pantry. Sheila is a very friendly person, and she is always looking for opportunities to help those around her.
I believe that Sheila DeForest is the person to vote for on Aug. 12. I think that she is for the people and that she is a real representative, not a politician.
From the July 30-Aug. 5, 2014, issue