- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Suspect in several NW Rockford robberies in custody
Online Staff Report
A suspect in several robberies to businesses in Rockford is now in custody.
According to police, officers were investigating robberies in the area of North Main Street and North Rockton Avenue Sunday, July 27, when they encountered Lonell Taylor, 32, nearby. Police say Taylor was acting strangely and was questioned by responding officers. He was later arrested for the robberies, including one at the Subway in the 3000 block of North Rockton Avenue.
Taylor has been charged with armed robbery, aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, and resisting arrest. Bond has been set at $200,000.