- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Suspect in several NW Rockford robberies in custody
Online Staff Report
A suspect in several robberies to businesses in Rockford is now in custody.
According to police, officers were investigating robberies in the area of North Main Street and North Rockton Avenue Sunday, July 27, when they encountered Lonell Taylor, 32, nearby. Police say Taylor was acting strangely and was questioned by responding officers. He was later arrested for the robberies, including one at the Subway in the 3000 block of North Rockton Avenue.
Taylor has been charged with armed robbery, aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, and resisting arrest. Bond has been set at $200,000.