- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
Suspect in several NW Rockford robberies in custody
Online Staff Report
A suspect in several robberies to businesses in Rockford is now in custody.
According to police, officers were investigating robberies in the area of North Main Street and North Rockton Avenue Sunday, July 27, when they encountered Lonell Taylor, 32, nearby. Police say Taylor was acting strangely and was questioned by responding officers. He was later arrested for the robberies, including one at the Subway in the 3000 block of North Rockton Avenue.
Taylor has been charged with armed robbery, aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, and resisting arrest. Bond has been set at $200,000.