- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
Suspect in several NW Rockford robberies in custody
Online Staff Report
A suspect in several robberies to businesses in Rockford is now in custody.
According to police, officers were investigating robberies in the area of North Main Street and North Rockton Avenue Sunday, July 27, when they encountered Lonell Taylor, 32, nearby. Police say Taylor was acting strangely and was questioned by responding officers. He was later arrested for the robberies, including one at the Subway in the 3000 block of North Rockton Avenue.
Taylor has been charged with armed robbery, aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, and resisting arrest. Bond has been set at $200,000.