- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Suspect in several NW Rockford robberies in custody
Online Staff Report
A suspect in several robberies to businesses in Rockford is now in custody.
According to police, officers were investigating robberies in the area of North Main Street and North Rockton Avenue Sunday, July 27, when they encountered Lonell Taylor, 32, nearby. Police say Taylor was acting strangely and was questioned by responding officers. He was later arrested for the robberies, including one at the Subway in the 3000 block of North Rockton Avenue.
Taylor has been charged with armed robbery, aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, and resisting arrest. Bond has been set at $200,000.