- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Volunteers needed at Northern Illinois Food Bank
GENEVA, Ill. — Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB) needs additional volunteer help this summer at its three centers in Geneva, Loves Park and Park City. Individuals or groups are welcome — from families, youth groups or corporate groups looking for a team-building activity.
The Food Bank especially needs help during weekdays, but there are also volunteer opportunities available during evenings and on Saturdays. The Food Bank’s West Suburban Center in Geneva is particularly overloaded with produce, and help is needed turning it around quickly.
Register to volunteer online at www.SolveHungerToday.org/volunteer or call (630) 443-6910 for more information. The Loves Park location is at 6315 N. Second St., and can be reached at (815) 639-1257.