- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Volunteers needed at Northern Illinois Food Bank
GENEVA, Ill. — Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB) needs additional volunteer help this summer at its three centers in Geneva, Loves Park and Park City. Individuals or groups are welcome — from families, youth groups or corporate groups looking for a team-building activity.
The Food Bank especially needs help during weekdays, but there are also volunteer opportunities available during evenings and on Saturdays. The Food Bank’s West Suburban Center in Geneva is particularly overloaded with produce, and help is needed turning it around quickly.
Register to volunteer online at www.SolveHungerToday.org/volunteer or call (630) 443-6910 for more information. The Loves Park location is at 6315 N. Second St., and can be reached at (815) 639-1257.