- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Volunteers needed at Northern Illinois Food Bank
GENEVA, Ill. — Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB) needs additional volunteer help this summer at its three centers in Geneva, Loves Park and Park City. Individuals or groups are welcome — from families, youth groups or corporate groups looking for a team-building activity.
The Food Bank especially needs help during weekdays, but there are also volunteer opportunities available during evenings and on Saturdays. The Food Bank’s West Suburban Center in Geneva is particularly overloaded with produce, and help is needed turning it around quickly.
Register to volunteer online at www.SolveHungerToday.org/volunteer or call (630) 443-6910 for more information. The Loves Park location is at 6315 N. Second St., and can be reached at (815) 639-1257.