- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Volunteers needed at Northern Illinois Food Bank
GENEVA, Ill. — Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB) needs additional volunteer help this summer at its three centers in Geneva, Loves Park and Park City. Individuals or groups are welcome — from families, youth groups or corporate groups looking for a team-building activity.
The Food Bank especially needs help during weekdays, but there are also volunteer opportunities available during evenings and on Saturdays. The Food Bank’s West Suburban Center in Geneva is particularly overloaded with produce, and help is needed turning it around quickly.
Register to volunteer online at www.SolveHungerToday.org/volunteer or call (630) 443-6910 for more information. The Loves Park location is at 6315 N. Second St., and can be reached at (815) 639-1257.