- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Volunteers needed at Northern Illinois Food Bank
GENEVA, Ill. — Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB) needs additional volunteer help this summer at its three centers in Geneva, Loves Park and Park City. Individuals or groups are welcome — from families, youth groups or corporate groups looking for a team-building activity.
The Food Bank especially needs help during weekdays, but there are also volunteer opportunities available during evenings and on Saturdays. The Food Bank’s West Suburban Center in Geneva is particularly overloaded with produce, and help is needed turning it around quickly.
Register to volunteer online at www.SolveHungerToday.org/volunteer or call (630) 443-6910 for more information. The Loves Park location is at 6315 N. Second St., and can be reached at (815) 639-1257.