- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Rockford police investigate battery, shooting
Online Staff Report
Rockford police are searching for two suspects they say beat a man with a pellet gun Friday, Aug. 1, in the 2300 block of Broadway.
Polices say the incident occurred around 7 a.m. The first suspect is a black male, 5-feet 9-inches, wearing a white tank top and black pants. He was armed with a BB/pellet gun. The second suspect is also black, 5-feet, 6-inches, weighing approximately 230 pounds. He was wearing plaid pants and a white tank top.
Police are also investigating an early morning shooting that sent a 15-year-old Rockford male to the hospital with a bullet wound to the arm Friday. The shooting occurred in the area of 700 Cunningham Street, polices said. The victim’s wound was not life-threatening. A suspect vehicle was described as a silver Pontiac Gran Prix with tinted windows.
Anyone with information is asked to call Rockford police at 815-987-5824 or Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.