- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
Update: Police make arrest in fatal Rockford shooting
Update: Police have arrested a suspect in the shooting death of 27-year-old Mark Ramone Bowen. Michael Anthony Medearis, 32, has been charged with three counts of first-degree murder and six weapons charges, one as a habitual offender. Medearis is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail on a $1 million bond. He is scheduled for court Aug. 28. _______________
Online Staff Report A 27-year-old Rockford man was pronounced dead Thursday, July 31 after being shot in the chest on the city’s southeast side. Mark Ramone Bowen was pronounced dead at 1:06 p.m., at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center. Police say Bowen was shot near the 4800 Javelin Drive in Rockford. A person of interest is in custody, however, it is not known whether charges have been filed in the case. More information will be released as it becomes available.