- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Update: Police make arrest in fatal Rockford shooting
Update: Police have arrested a suspect in the shooting death of 27-year-old Mark Ramone Bowen. Michael Anthony Medearis, 32, has been charged with three counts of first-degree murder and six weapons charges, one as a habitual offender. Medearis is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail on a $1 million bond. He is scheduled for court Aug. 28. _______________
Online Staff Report A 27-year-old Rockford man was pronounced dead Thursday, July 31 after being shot in the chest on the city’s southeast side. Mark Ramone Bowen was pronounced dead at 1:06 p.m., at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center. Police say Bowen was shot near the 4800 Javelin Drive in Rockford. A person of interest is in custody, however, it is not known whether charges have been filed in the case. More information will be released as it becomes available.