- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Update: Police make arrest in fatal Rockford shooting
Update: Police have arrested a suspect in the shooting death of 27-year-old Mark Ramone Bowen. Michael Anthony Medearis, 32, has been charged with three counts of first-degree murder and six weapons charges, one as a habitual offender. Medearis is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail on a $1 million bond. He is scheduled for court Aug. 28. _______________
Online Staff Report A 27-year-old Rockford man was pronounced dead Thursday, July 31 after being shot in the chest on the city’s southeast side. Mark Ramone Bowen was pronounced dead at 1:06 p.m., at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center. Police say Bowen was shot near the 4800 Javelin Drive in Rockford. A person of interest is in custody, however, it is not known whether charges have been filed in the case. More information will be released as it becomes available.