- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
Update: Police make arrest in fatal Rockford shooting
Update: Police have arrested a suspect in the shooting death of 27-year-old Mark Ramone Bowen. Michael Anthony Medearis, 32, has been charged with three counts of first-degree murder and six weapons charges, one as a habitual offender. Medearis is lodged in the Winnebago County Jail on a $1 million bond. He is scheduled for court Aug. 28. _______________
Online Staff Report A 27-year-old Rockford man was pronounced dead Thursday, July 31 after being shot in the chest on the city’s southeast side. Mark Ramone Bowen was pronounced dead at 1:06 p.m., at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center. Police say Bowen was shot near the 4800 Javelin Drive in Rockford. A person of interest is in custody, however, it is not known whether charges have been filed in the case. More information will be released as it becomes available.