- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Beloit Regional Hospice raffle offers ‘Ultimate Packers Football Experience’
By Doug Halberstadt
It’s been duly noted and well documented on several occasions how extremely expensive it has become to attend a professional sporting event. The cost for tickets, transportation, food and beverages, parking and miscellaneous other incidentals can easily exceed $1,000.
What if I shared with you a way you and three of your friends and/or family could attend a Green Bay Packers’ game at Lambeau Field this season for only $20? At the risk of sounding like one of those high-pressured infomercials, wait a minute, that’s not all.
For the same $20, we’ll throw in a limousine ride to and from the game, exclusive access to the premium level, complimentary food and beverages in the comfort of a climate-controlled suite. If the weather is really nice and you wish to go outside, you’ll also have access to Lambeau’s rooftop viewing area.
This is all made possible by the generosity of the Kerry Company and Terry McCann’s Touch of Class Limousine. They’ve donated the “Ultimate Packers Football Experience” to Beloit Regional Hospice. The game is at noon, Sunday, Nov. 16. The Packers welcome the Eagles into Green Bay, and you could be there.
Raffle tickets are $20 each or three for $50. The winning raffle ticket will be drawn at the Doves and Diamonds Gala Nov. 8. You do not need to be present win. Tickets are on sale at Beloit Regional Hospice, and all proceeds will help bridge the gap between what it costs to care for patients and what is reimbursed by public and private insurance. Contact Beloit Regional Hospice at (608) 363-7421 to purchase tickets or for more information.
It’s also been duly noted and well documented that I am not in any way, shape or form a Green Bay fan. However, I do believe in and have firsthand experience with the great work done by hospice staff and volunteers. That’s why I intend on purchasing one of these tickets. I truly hope I win. Not so much because I would go to the game … actually, I’m sure I wouldn’t. Instead, I’d have a ton more fun watching my Packers friends begging for them and seeing what kind of chores I could get done around my house. Man, I hope they draw my name!
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
Posted Aug. 5, 2014