- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Beloit Regional Hospice raffle offers ‘Ultimate Packers Football Experience’
By Doug Halberstadt
It’s been duly noted and well documented on several occasions how extremely expensive it has become to attend a professional sporting event. The cost for tickets, transportation, food and beverages, parking and miscellaneous other incidentals can easily exceed $1,000.
What if I shared with you a way you and three of your friends and/or family could attend a Green Bay Packers’ game at Lambeau Field this season for only $20? At the risk of sounding like one of those high-pressured infomercials, wait a minute, that’s not all.
For the same $20, we’ll throw in a limousine ride to and from the game, exclusive access to the premium level, complimentary food and beverages in the comfort of a climate-controlled suite. If the weather is really nice and you wish to go outside, you’ll also have access to Lambeau’s rooftop viewing area.
This is all made possible by the generosity of the Kerry Company and Terry McCann’s Touch of Class Limousine. They’ve donated the “Ultimate Packers Football Experience” to Beloit Regional Hospice. The game is at noon, Sunday, Nov. 16. The Packers welcome the Eagles into Green Bay, and you could be there.
Raffle tickets are $20 each or three for $50. The winning raffle ticket will be drawn at the Doves and Diamonds Gala Nov. 8. You do not need to be present win. Tickets are on sale at Beloit Regional Hospice, and all proceeds will help bridge the gap between what it costs to care for patients and what is reimbursed by public and private insurance. Contact Beloit Regional Hospice at (608) 363-7421 to purchase tickets or for more information.
It’s also been duly noted and well documented that I am not in any way, shape or form a Green Bay fan. However, I do believe in and have firsthand experience with the great work done by hospice staff and volunteers. That’s why I intend on purchasing one of these tickets. I truly hope I win. Not so much because I would go to the game … actually, I’m sure I wouldn’t. Instead, I’d have a ton more fun watching my Packers friends begging for them and seeing what kind of chores I could get done around my house. Man, I hope they draw my name!
Doug Halberstadt can be reached via e-mail at Dougster61@aol.com.
Posted Aug. 5, 2014