- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Rock Valley College expands offerings to Boone County
Online Staff Report
Students who live in the eastern region of the Rock Valley College (RVC) district, specifically in Boone County, will now have the opportunity to enroll in college courses closer to home.
Starting this fall semester, RVC is offering a select number of general education courses at Belvidere North High School. Students can choose from ENG-101 (Composition I), SPN-101 (Beginning Spanish), and RDG-099 (Reading for Academic Purposes) for its inaugural launch of this initiative.
The classes are being offered late afternoon to early evening, starting in August, when RVC’s fall semester begins. RVC hopes to expand offerings by the spring semester in January.
Registration is open now for these and all RVC fall courses. To search all course offerings, go to rockvalleycollege.edu/courses.
For more information or to find out how to get started at RVC, call (815) 921-4250.
Posted Aug. 5, 2014