- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Rock Valley College expands offerings to Boone County
Online Staff Report
Students who live in the eastern region of the Rock Valley College (RVC) district, specifically in Boone County, will now have the opportunity to enroll in college courses closer to home.
Starting this fall semester, RVC is offering a select number of general education courses at Belvidere North High School. Students can choose from ENG-101 (Composition I), SPN-101 (Beginning Spanish), and RDG-099 (Reading for Academic Purposes) for its inaugural launch of this initiative.
The classes are being offered late afternoon to early evening, starting in August, when RVC’s fall semester begins. RVC hopes to expand offerings by the spring semester in January.
Registration is open now for these and all RVC fall courses. To search all course offerings, go to rockvalleycollege.edu/courses.
For more information or to find out how to get started at RVC, call (815) 921-4250.
Posted Aug. 5, 2014