- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Youth development soccer program offered for ages U8-U10
ROSCOE, Ill. — Lions ’82 S.C. has announced a new Youth Development Program (YDP) aimed at soccer players ages U8-U10. The program will focus on the development of skill and technique for young athletes who are ready to increase their commitment at a higher level of competition while keeping the fees affordable for families.
The YDP will take place at the new Hawes Park in Roscoe, Ill., Thursdays from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., beginning Aug. 14 and running through Oct. 16.
The cost for the Youth Development Program is $50 and includes licensed, experienced coaches, training shirt, weekly training sessions as well as the opportunity to play in setup friendly matches with area leagues and a local, weekend tournament.
Posted Aug. 5, 2014