- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
Youth development soccer program offered for ages U8-U10
ROSCOE, Ill. — Lions ’82 S.C. has announced a new Youth Development Program (YDP) aimed at soccer players ages U8-U10. The program will focus on the development of skill and technique for young athletes who are ready to increase their commitment at a higher level of competition while keeping the fees affordable for families.
The YDP will take place at the new Hawes Park in Roscoe, Ill., Thursdays from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., beginning Aug. 14 and running through Oct. 16.
The cost for the Youth Development Program is $50 and includes licensed, experienced coaches, training shirt, weekly training sessions as well as the opportunity to play in setup friendly matches with area leagues and a local, weekend tournament.
Posted Aug. 5, 2014