- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Naked man found sleeping in couple’s bed ‘had wrong house’
By Jim Hagerty
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A New Mexico couple discovered an unexpected bedfellow last weekend, when an alleged prowler decided to get naked and take a nap.
Freddy Shelby, 30, of Albuquerque, was arrested Sunday afternoon, Aug. 3, after he was found asleep in the couple’s bed. Police say Shelby broke in through a window and prowled through the house before becoming thirsty and popping a can of Sprite. He then made his way to the master bedroom, took off his clothes and crawled under the fluffy down covers. It wasn’t long before he was lost in peaceful sleep.
Shelby slept so peacefully he wasn’t disturbed when the couple discovered him, screamed and called 911. The man remained tucked in, nice and warm. That’s where he was when a police officer flung the blankets off him, exposing all Shelby had to offer.
Police say Shelby had a reasonable explanation why he was in the couple’s home. He wasn’t breaking and entering, the suspect said, according to police reports.
“I thought this was my girlfriend’s house,” Shelby allegedly told cops.
Shelby has been charged with breaking and entering.