- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Naked man found sleeping in couple’s bed ‘had wrong house’
By Jim Hagerty
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — A New Mexico couple discovered an unexpected bedfellow last weekend, when an alleged prowler decided to get naked and take a nap.
Freddy Shelby, 30, of Albuquerque, was arrested Sunday afternoon, Aug. 3, after he was found asleep in the couple’s bed. Police say Shelby broke in through a window and prowled through the house before becoming thirsty and popping a can of Sprite. He then made his way to the master bedroom, took off his clothes and crawled under the fluffy down covers. It wasn’t long before he was lost in peaceful sleep.
Shelby slept so peacefully he wasn’t disturbed when the couple discovered him, screamed and called 911. The man remained tucked in, nice and warm. That’s where he was when a police officer flung the blankets off him, exposing all Shelby had to offer.
Police say Shelby had a reasonable explanation why he was in the couple’s home. He wasn’t breaking and entering, the suspect said, according to police reports.
“I thought this was my girlfriend’s house,” Shelby allegedly told cops.
Shelby has been charged with breaking and entering.