- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Salvation Army’s ‘Back to School Clothing Drive’ runs Aug. 8-17
The Salvation Army’s 11th Annual “Clothes for Kids: Back to School Clothing Drive” takes place at CherryVale Mall Friday, Aug. 8, through Sunday, Aug. 17, from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sundays, in the mall’s Center Court.
More than 1,000 students are considered to be homeless by the administration of the Rockford Public School District. The term “homeless” refers to lacking a permanent place of residence. These children may be living in a homeless shelter, with extended family members or friends, or even living in a motel. “Clothes for Kids” benefits these homeless and disadvantaged children by providing each of them with a new, back-to-school outfit with which to begin the new school year.
The community is encouraged to participate in this year’s “Clothes for Kids” Drive by donating newly-purchased clothing to The Salvation Army’s drop-off site in the Center Court of CherryVale Mall.
Additionally, an anonymous benefactor has agreed to match “dollar for dollar” all financial contributions (up to $10,000) donated by members of the community to the “Clothes for Kids” drive.
Newly-purchased clothing may be dropped off in the Center Court of CherryVale Mall, or at The Salvation Army’s Social Services office at 416 S. Madison St., in Rockford. Financial contributions may be mailed to The Salvation Army, P.O. Box 4159, Rockford, IL 61110.
From the Aug. 6-12, 2014, issue