- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Crusader Community Health hosts car show Aug. 16
Crusader Community Health will present “A Car’s Day Out” car show from 8 a.m. to noon at Rockford Speedway, 9572 Forest Hills Road, Loves Park, and from noon to 4 p.m. at Don Carter Lanes, 4007 E. State St., Rockford. Admission is free at both locations.
At Rockford Speedway, take laps on the track (open to ANY car, truck, motorcycle or street tuner, novelty class classic or clunker); participate in an early bird drawing; have your ride photographed at the finish line (for a donation); and enter drawings for a chance to win prizes.
At Don Carter Lanes, participate in a Family Fun Car Show ($20 registration fee for car); face painting (Kiwanis Key Club); bounce house; Bee Bop the Balloon Guy; outdoor grill; fun and games; DJ and live entertainment; and Crusader Community Health team sports T-shirt and baseball cap booth.
Proceeds from the event will benefit Crusader Community Health, which provides access to medical care to all those in need, including veterans and their families. For more information, visit www.crusaderhealth.org. For more about the car show or for a registration form, contact Mike Szczech of O’Brien’s Service Center, 330 N. Alpine Road, or John Groh at (815) 985-4879. More than 100 trophies will be awarded at 4 p.m., including Best in Show, VVA 984 Veterans Choice, etc. Dash Plaques will be provided for all vehicles.
Posted Aug. 12, 2014