- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
- Leaders back Lincoln historic expansion
Crusader Community Health hosts car show Aug. 16
Crusader Community Health will present “A Car’s Day Out” car show from 8 a.m. to noon at Rockford Speedway, 9572 Forest Hills Road, Loves Park, and from noon to 4 p.m. at Don Carter Lanes, 4007 E. State St., Rockford. Admission is free at both locations.
At Rockford Speedway, take laps on the track (open to ANY car, truck, motorcycle or street tuner, novelty class classic or clunker); participate in an early bird drawing; have your ride photographed at the finish line (for a donation); and enter drawings for a chance to win prizes.
At Don Carter Lanes, participate in a Family Fun Car Show ($20 registration fee for car); face painting (Kiwanis Key Club); bounce house; Bee Bop the Balloon Guy; outdoor grill; fun and games; DJ and live entertainment; and Crusader Community Health team sports T-shirt and baseball cap booth.
Proceeds from the event will benefit Crusader Community Health, which provides access to medical care to all those in need, including veterans and their families. For more information, visit www.crusaderhealth.org. For more about the car show or for a registration form, contact Mike Szczech of O’Brien’s Service Center, 330 N. Alpine Road, or John Groh at (815) 985-4879. More than 100 trophies will be awarded at 4 p.m., including Best in Show, VVA 984 Veterans Choice, etc. Dash Plaques will be provided for all vehicles.
Posted Aug. 12, 2014