- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Crusader Community Health hosts car show Aug. 16
Crusader Community Health will present “A Car’s Day Out” car show from 8 a.m. to noon at Rockford Speedway, 9572 Forest Hills Road, Loves Park, and from noon to 4 p.m. at Don Carter Lanes, 4007 E. State St., Rockford. Admission is free at both locations.
At Rockford Speedway, take laps on the track (open to ANY car, truck, motorcycle or street tuner, novelty class classic or clunker); participate in an early bird drawing; have your ride photographed at the finish line (for a donation); and enter drawings for a chance to win prizes.
At Don Carter Lanes, participate in a Family Fun Car Show ($20 registration fee for car); face painting (Kiwanis Key Club); bounce house; Bee Bop the Balloon Guy; outdoor grill; fun and games; DJ and live entertainment; and Crusader Community Health team sports T-shirt and baseball cap booth.
Proceeds from the event will benefit Crusader Community Health, which provides access to medical care to all those in need, including veterans and their families. For more information, visit www.crusaderhealth.org. For more about the car show or for a registration form, contact Mike Szczech of O’Brien’s Service Center, 330 N. Alpine Road, or John Groh at (815) 985-4879. More than 100 trophies will be awarded at 4 p.m., including Best in Show, VVA 984 Veterans Choice, etc. Dash Plaques will be provided for all vehicles.
Posted Aug. 12, 2014