- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simons as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Crusader Community Health hosts car show Aug. 16
Crusader Community Health will present “A Car’s Day Out” car show from 8 a.m. to noon at Rockford Speedway, 9572 Forest Hills Road, Loves Park, and from noon to 4 p.m. at Don Carter Lanes, 4007 E. State St., Rockford. Admission is free at both locations.
At Rockford Speedway, take laps on the track (open to ANY car, truck, motorcycle or street tuner, novelty class classic or clunker); participate in an early bird drawing; have your ride photographed at the finish line (for a donation); and enter drawings for a chance to win prizes.
At Don Carter Lanes, participate in a Family Fun Car Show ($20 registration fee for car); face painting (Kiwanis Key Club); bounce house; Bee Bop the Balloon Guy; outdoor grill; fun and games; DJ and live entertainment; and Crusader Community Health team sports T-shirt and baseball cap booth.
Proceeds from the event will benefit Crusader Community Health, which provides access to medical care to all those in need, including veterans and their families. For more information, visit www.crusaderhealth.org. For more about the car show or for a registration form, contact Mike Szczech of O’Brien’s Service Center, 330 N. Alpine Road, or John Groh at (815) 985-4879. More than 100 trophies will be awarded at 4 p.m., including Best in Show, VVA 984 Veterans Choice, etc. Dash Plaques will be provided for all vehicles.
Posted Aug. 12, 2014