- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Rockford’s Black Family Reunion Aug. 16-17
The 2014 Black Family Reunion Celebration — presented by the National Council of Negro Women, Inc., Rockford Section — will be from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 16, and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 17, at Ellis Elementary School, 222 S. Central Ave., Rockford. The event will include free food, fun and fellowship.
Clowns, bouncy house, children’s craft activities facilitated by the Rockford Park District and the Discovery Center, Rockford Police Department and Rockford Fire Department safety presentations and children’s physicals offered through the Ronald McDonald Bus, which will be present Saturday.
Rock City Unique Steppers, Eighteen11 & Red and the PlayRay Players, to name a few. There will also be a community-wide bingo game with prizes.
In addition to the entertainment, there will be food vendors with a variety of food cuisine, community service information booths, merchandise vendors and music by Rockford’s own DJ Rated AG.
The Black Family Reunion Celebration is open to all. The festival celebrates the enduring strengths and traditional values of the African-American family.
Posted Aug. 12, 2014