- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
Rockford’s Black Family Reunion Aug. 16-17
The 2014 Black Family Reunion Celebration — presented by the National Council of Negro Women, Inc., Rockford Section — will be from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 16, and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 17, at Ellis Elementary School, 222 S. Central Ave., Rockford. The event will include free food, fun and fellowship.
Clowns, bouncy house, children’s craft activities facilitated by the Rockford Park District and the Discovery Center, Rockford Police Department and Rockford Fire Department safety presentations and children’s physicals offered through the Ronald McDonald Bus, which will be present Saturday.
Rock City Unique Steppers, Eighteen11 & Red and the PlayRay Players, to name a few. There will also be a community-wide bingo game with prizes.
In addition to the entertainment, there will be food vendors with a variety of food cuisine, community service information booths, merchandise vendors and music by Rockford’s own DJ Rated AG.
The Black Family Reunion Celebration is open to all. The festival celebrates the enduring strengths and traditional values of the African-American family.
Posted Aug. 12, 2014