- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Rockford’s Black Family Reunion Aug. 16-17
The 2014 Black Family Reunion Celebration — presented by the National Council of Negro Women, Inc., Rockford Section — will be from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 16, and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 17, at Ellis Elementary School, 222 S. Central Ave., Rockford. The event will include free food, fun and fellowship.
Clowns, bouncy house, children’s craft activities facilitated by the Rockford Park District and the Discovery Center, Rockford Police Department and Rockford Fire Department safety presentations and children’s physicals offered through the Ronald McDonald Bus, which will be present Saturday.
Rock City Unique Steppers, Eighteen11 & Red and the PlayRay Players, to name a few. There will also be a community-wide bingo game with prizes.
In addition to the entertainment, there will be food vendors with a variety of food cuisine, community service information booths, merchandise vendors and music by Rockford’s own DJ Rated AG.
The Black Family Reunion Celebration is open to all. The festival celebrates the enduring strengths and traditional values of the African-American family.
Posted Aug. 12, 2014