- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
‘Shout!’ celebrates the ’60s at Timber Lake Playhouse
MOUNT CARROLL, Illinois — The summer season at Timber Lake Playhouse (TLP) comes to a close with Shout! The Mod Musical, opening Thursday, Aug. 14, and performing through Sunday, Aug. 24. This “swinging ’60s sensation” features TLP favorites Daryn Harrell, Allison Hunt, Caroline Murrah, Lexie Plath and Melissa Weyn performing songs made famous by Petula Clark, Dusty Springfield, Nancy Sinatra and more.
Featuring terrific new arrangements of such classics as “Those Were The Days,” “To Sir With Love,” “Downtown,” “Son of a Preacher Man,” “Goldfinger,” and the title song, Shout! The Mod Musical follows five women through Swinging London. With a shimmy and shake, the songs are tied together by hilarious sound bites from the period — from ’60’s advertisements from face creams to The Pill, to letters answered by an advice columnist who thinks every problem can be solved with a “fetching new hair style and a new shade of lipstick.”
The cast includes some of the best talent TLP has had in the last several years. Daryn Harrell (Sweet Charity, Children of Eden) returns after spending the last two years working with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. Allison Hunt won the heart of the audience and “the monster” in Young Frankenstein. Caroline Murrah brought her gorgeous voice and charms to all six of TLP’s mainstage shows this year. Lexie Plath is completing her second full summer, and Melissa Weyn is back after blowing audiences away as the narrator in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
Courtney Crouse, who helmed last year’s hit ‘SWonderful, directs the show, with musical staging by James Beaudry. While the show takes a lighthearted look at the 1960s, it includes some discussion of the sexual revolution, so parental discretion is advised.
Shout! The Mod Musical performs Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings at 7:30 p.m. There is a Saturday matinee at 3 p.m. on Aug. 16, Sunday matinees at 2 p.m. on Aug. 17 and 24, and a Wednesday matinee at 2 p.m. on Aug. 20. Tickets are $17-$23.
To purchase tickets, visit www.timberlakeplayhouse.org or contact the TLP box office at (815) 244-2035. The box office is open daily 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Aug. 24.
Posted Aug. 12, 2014