- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
IRS scandal and the theft of our democracy
Is it another of Barack Obama’s many lies when he states there’s “not a smidgen of corruption” in the IRS scandal? The evidence strongly points to an attempt by the Obama administration to stifle political opposition to his leftist plans. It seems he’s trying to steal our democracy.
One group that has been really harassed by the IRS is the Tea Party, an organization that strives to strengthen our ideals of self-governance. The cries that this group is racist, homophobic, sexist or any other such tripe is so far off base, a 3-year-old could pick any of them off first.
A group that was trying to keep our electoral process honest called “True the Vote” was invaded by not only the IRS, but also the FBI, OSHA and ATF. The only reason for opposition to voter ID must be to cheat the election results for a more liberal outcome.
This is very frightening to those who favor free discourse and fair elections as an integral part of our democracy.
Michael A. Smith
From the Aug. 13-19, 2014, issue