- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
J & J competitive dancers bring home awards from nationals
Ten competitive J & J Charmer dancers traveled to Orlando, Florida, June 27-July 2 for the Hall of Fame National Dance Competition for their second year in a row. Dancers included Madisyn Gearhart (Winnebago), Kristi Luna (Winnebago), Sierra Revell (Pecatonica), Gracie Carter (Pecatonica), Mycah Cornish (Durand), Kerigen Hoffman (Pecatonica), Jaden Gocken (Pecatonica), Payton Kasper (Pecatonica), Cole Newcastle (Michigan) and Auberie Gilson (Winnebago).
The dancers received numerous awards, including The Entertainment Award for “Fire,” The Sassy Award for “That’s What I Like,” The Intensity Award for “Sail,” The Top Choreography Award for “Beautiful” and The Best in Tap Category Winner for “Accapella.”
Gearhart’s solo was second overall for the teen soloists and qualified for the Solo Showdown, where she received second overall. The Senior Contemporary Dance to “All Kids Go” also qualified for the showdown, where they received fourth-place overall.
For more about the Charmer Competitive Dance Team, call (815) 239-1558.
From the Aug. 13-19, 2014, issue