- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
J & J competitive dancers bring home awards from nationals
Ten competitive J & J Charmer dancers traveled to Orlando, Florida, June 27-July 2 for the Hall of Fame National Dance Competition for their second year in a row. Dancers included Madisyn Gearhart (Winnebago), Kristi Luna (Winnebago), Sierra Revell (Pecatonica), Gracie Carter (Pecatonica), Mycah Cornish (Durand), Kerigen Hoffman (Pecatonica), Jaden Gocken (Pecatonica), Payton Kasper (Pecatonica), Cole Newcastle (Michigan) and Auberie Gilson (Winnebago).
The dancers received numerous awards, including The Entertainment Award for “Fire,” The Sassy Award for “That’s What I Like,” The Intensity Award for “Sail,” The Top Choreography Award for “Beautiful” and The Best in Tap Category Winner for “Accapella.”
Gearhart’s solo was second overall for the teen soloists and qualified for the Solo Showdown, where she received second overall. The Senior Contemporary Dance to “All Kids Go” also qualified for the showdown, where they received fourth-place overall.
For more about the Charmer Competitive Dance Team, call (815) 239-1558.
From the Aug. 13-19, 2014, issue