- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
J & J competitive dancers bring home awards from nationals
Ten competitive J & J Charmer dancers traveled to Orlando, Florida, June 27-July 2 for the Hall of Fame National Dance Competition for their second year in a row. Dancers included Madisyn Gearhart (Winnebago), Kristi Luna (Winnebago), Sierra Revell (Pecatonica), Gracie Carter (Pecatonica), Mycah Cornish (Durand), Kerigen Hoffman (Pecatonica), Jaden Gocken (Pecatonica), Payton Kasper (Pecatonica), Cole Newcastle (Michigan) and Auberie Gilson (Winnebago).
The dancers received numerous awards, including The Entertainment Award for “Fire,” The Sassy Award for “That’s What I Like,” The Intensity Award for “Sail,” The Top Choreography Award for “Beautiful” and The Best in Tap Category Winner for “Accapella.”
Gearhart’s solo was second overall for the teen soloists and qualified for the Solo Showdown, where she received second overall. The Senior Contemporary Dance to “All Kids Go” also qualified for the showdown, where they received fourth-place overall.
For more about the Charmer Competitive Dance Team, call (815) 239-1558.
From the Aug. 13-19, 2014, issue