- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
J & J competitive dancers bring home awards from nationals
Ten competitive J & J Charmer dancers traveled to Orlando, Florida, June 27-July 2 for the Hall of Fame National Dance Competition for their second year in a row. Dancers included Madisyn Gearhart (Winnebago), Kristi Luna (Winnebago), Sierra Revell (Pecatonica), Gracie Carter (Pecatonica), Mycah Cornish (Durand), Kerigen Hoffman (Pecatonica), Jaden Gocken (Pecatonica), Payton Kasper (Pecatonica), Cole Newcastle (Michigan) and Auberie Gilson (Winnebago).
The dancers received numerous awards, including The Entertainment Award for “Fire,” The Sassy Award for “That’s What I Like,” The Intensity Award for “Sail,” The Top Choreography Award for “Beautiful” and The Best in Tap Category Winner for “Accapella.”
Gearhart’s solo was second overall for the teen soloists and qualified for the Solo Showdown, where she received second overall. The Senior Contemporary Dance to “All Kids Go” also qualified for the showdown, where they received fourth-place overall.
For more about the Charmer Competitive Dance Team, call (815) 239-1558.
From the Aug. 13-19, 2014, issue