- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
J & J competitive dancers bring home awards from nationals
Ten competitive J & J Charmer dancers traveled to Orlando, Florida, June 27-July 2 for the Hall of Fame National Dance Competition for their second year in a row. Dancers included Madisyn Gearhart (Winnebago), Kristi Luna (Winnebago), Sierra Revell (Pecatonica), Gracie Carter (Pecatonica), Mycah Cornish (Durand), Kerigen Hoffman (Pecatonica), Jaden Gocken (Pecatonica), Payton Kasper (Pecatonica), Cole Newcastle (Michigan) and Auberie Gilson (Winnebago).
The dancers received numerous awards, including The Entertainment Award for “Fire,” The Sassy Award for “That’s What I Like,” The Intensity Award for “Sail,” The Top Choreography Award for “Beautiful” and The Best in Tap Category Winner for “Accapella.”
Gearhart’s solo was second overall for the teen soloists and qualified for the Solo Showdown, where she received second overall. The Senior Contemporary Dance to “All Kids Go” also qualified for the showdown, where they received fourth-place overall.
For more about the Charmer Competitive Dance Team, call (815) 239-1558.
From the Aug. 13-19, 2014, issue