- Tech-Friendly: I am not wowed by iOS 8
- Riverside Community Bank announces merger
- Rockford Public Library announces choice for new director
- 27 businesses penalized for selling alcohol to minors
- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
John Mecklenburg new Miracle Mile board president
The Miracle Mile Rockford Board of Directors has announced it has elected John Mecklenburg as the new president of the business district association. Mecklenburg has served on the board of the organization since its inception in 2005. Mecklenburg recently retired as executive vice president and CEO of the SwedishAmerican Foundation and is now a private consultant serving nonprofit and for-profit clients in the areas of fund development, public relations, communications and publications. He will serve the remainder of the term of past president Tom Baudhuin through the end of 2014, and then a two-year term from 2015 to 2017.
Baudhuin served as president of the association since 2012 and was previously vice president. He has stepped down because of obligations in his private business as the owner of the Alpine Inn and franchise owner of Papa John’s.
Tom Graceffa of Thomas Graceffa & Associates has also joined the Miracle Mile Rockford Board of Directors. Graceffa is a landscape architect, and his business is at 4777 E. State St.
From the Aug. 13-19, 2014, issue