- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Recycle centers to accept new gym shoes for students in need
LOVES PARK, Illinois — Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful (KNIB) recycle centers in Rockford and Roscoe will accept new children’s gym shoes at a community drop-off site for Annie’s Locker Share A Pair campaign. Children’s sizes 12-4 gym shoes can be dropped off at 4665 Hydraulic Road, Rockford, and 13125 N. Second St., Roscoe, from 9 a.m. to noon, Saturdays, Aug. 23 and 30 and Sept. 6 and 13. The Rockford site is also open from 3 to 6 p.m., Tuesdays, accepting the athletic shoes Aug. 26, Sept. 2, 9 and 16.
As noted on the website annieslocker.org/share-a-pair-shoe-drive, the Share a Pair campaign goal is to collect 900 pairs of athletic footwear for needy students in Rockford. Prior to distribution to students, the donated shoes will be part of the “Walk in Other’s Shoes” labyrinth, which will be constructed to celebrate International Peace Day.
From the Aug. 13-19, 2014, issue