- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Rockford Area Music Industry Golf Play Day Aug. 29; deadline is Aug. 15
The Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) Golf Play Day will be Friday, Aug. 29, at Elliot Golf Course, 888 S. Lyford Road. Registration starts at 11 a.m. with sign in; shotgun start at noon. Cost per golfer is $70, which includes green fees, golf cart, hospitality gift, complimentary beverage on course, dinner and awards. Scramble format, complete with skilled prizes for men and women and hole-in-one contests will be held on course. Dinner will be directly following golf at the Tebala Shrine Center, 7910 Newburg Road. Non-golfing dinner guest cost is $20.
Gold and Silver sponsorships are available for twosomes and foursomes and includes a 14-inch-by-22-inch sign on the tee box. Hole sponsorships are available. Embroidered keepsake regulation Pin Flags with your company, band logo or family name are available for purchase. Proceeds from this event will assist RAMI with music scholarships at the college level and students attending the Rockford Music Academy, demonstrating financial need.
For more information, contact Gary Rothmeyer at (815) 289-4757 or Dan Eisman at (815) 546-3021. To register, go to ramiawards.com. Registration deadline for golf and non-golfing dinner guests is Aug. 15.
From the Aug. 13-19, 2014, issue