- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Rockford Area Music Industry Golf Play Day Aug. 29; deadline is Aug. 15
The Rockford Area Music Industry (RAMI) Golf Play Day will be Friday, Aug. 29, at Elliot Golf Course, 888 S. Lyford Road. Registration starts at 11 a.m. with sign in; shotgun start at noon. Cost per golfer is $70, which includes green fees, golf cart, hospitality gift, complimentary beverage on course, dinner and awards. Scramble format, complete with skilled prizes for men and women and hole-in-one contests will be held on course. Dinner will be directly following golf at the Tebala Shrine Center, 7910 Newburg Road. Non-golfing dinner guest cost is $20.
Gold and Silver sponsorships are available for twosomes and foursomes and includes a 14-inch-by-22-inch sign on the tee box. Hole sponsorships are available. Embroidered keepsake regulation Pin Flags with your company, band logo or family name are available for purchase. Proceeds from this event will assist RAMI with music scholarships at the college level and students attending the Rockford Music Academy, demonstrating financial need.
For more information, contact Gary Rothmeyer at (815) 289-4757 or Dan Eisman at (815) 546-3021. To register, go to ramiawards.com. Registration deadline for golf and non-golfing dinner guests is Aug. 15.
From the Aug. 13-19, 2014, issue