- Rockford Public Library announces choice for new director
- 27 businesses penalized for selling alcohol to minors
- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
From the Editor: Help us stop theft of our paper, other publications
To all of our readers and commercial distribution points:
It has come to our attention that there is a concerted and possibly organized effort to dump or throw out our weekly publication.
Other weekly publications that have received the same information and theft include The Market Street Press and Bargain Hunter.
Our distribution day is Wednesday. The Bargain Hunter and The Market Street Press distribute every Friday.
If you see individuals walking away with large stacks of The Rock River Times, or other publications, please call us at (815) 964-9767.
The Rock River Times is distributed at 2,500 distribution points in Rock, Stephenson, Winnebago, Ogle, Boone and DeKalb counties.
These recent reports of theft have come from stops along North Second Street, between Grand Avenue and the North Suburban Library; and the Rural Oaks and Alpine Road areas.
If you see this happening, please take a cell-phone picture of the person taking the papers, their vehicle and license plate number. Do not confront or interfere with them. Email the information to email@example.com, along with your contact information. If you find any of our papers in dumpsters or trash cans, please contact our office and we will pick them up.
Thank you for helping preserve Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Press, fair trade practices and to stop retail theft.
Editor & Publisher
The Rock River Times