- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
GOP names county clerk candidate
The Winnebago County Republican Central Committee has selected John M. Guevara to run as the Republican candidate for county clerk in November 2014. The selection was made following the announcement of the withdrawal of Joe Terrell, the party’s candidate elected at the March 2014 primary for the office.
“We are excited about the selection of John Guevara as candidate for Winnebago County Clerk.” said Chairman James C. Thompson. “John brings legislative and leadership experience to this role, as well as a commitment to the fundamental principles we hold dear — personal responsibility, financial accountability and appropriate role of the government.”
Guevara will oppose Margie Mullins in the election Nov. 4, 2014. He is presently a county board member in Winnebago County and the Republican deputy state central committeeman for the 17th District in Illinois. He is also the past president of the Illinois chapter of the Republican Hispanic National Assembly.