- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
GOP names county clerk candidate
The Winnebago County Republican Central Committee has selected John M. Guevara to run as the Republican candidate for county clerk in November 2014. The selection was made following the announcement of the withdrawal of Joe Terrell, the party’s candidate elected at the March 2014 primary for the office.
“We are excited about the selection of John Guevara as candidate for Winnebago County Clerk.” said Chairman James C. Thompson. “John brings legislative and leadership experience to this role, as well as a commitment to the fundamental principles we hold dear — personal responsibility, financial accountability and appropriate role of the government.”
Guevara will oppose Margie Mullins in the election Nov. 4, 2014. He is presently a county board member in Winnebago County and the Republican deputy state central committeeman for the 17th District in Illinois. He is also the past president of the Illinois chapter of the Republican Hispanic National Assembly.