- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
GOP names county clerk candidate
The Winnebago County Republican Central Committee has selected John M. Guevara to run as the Republican candidate for county clerk in November 2014. The selection was made following the announcement of the withdrawal of Joe Terrell, the party’s candidate elected at the March 2014 primary for the office.
“We are excited about the selection of John Guevara as candidate for Winnebago County Clerk.” said Chairman James C. Thompson. “John brings legislative and leadership experience to this role, as well as a commitment to the fundamental principles we hold dear — personal responsibility, financial accountability and appropriate role of the government.”
Guevara will oppose Margie Mullins in the election Nov. 4, 2014. He is presently a county board member in Winnebago County and the Republican deputy state central committeeman for the 17th District in Illinois. He is also the past president of the Illinois chapter of the Republican Hispanic National Assembly.