- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
GOP names county clerk candidate
The Winnebago County Republican Central Committee has selected John M. Guevara to run as the Republican candidate for county clerk in November 2014. The selection was made following the announcement of the withdrawal of Joe Terrell, the party’s candidate elected at the March 2014 primary for the office.
“We are excited about the selection of John Guevara as candidate for Winnebago County Clerk.” said Chairman James C. Thompson. “John brings legislative and leadership experience to this role, as well as a commitment to the fundamental principles we hold dear — personal responsibility, financial accountability and appropriate role of the government.”
Guevara will oppose Margie Mullins in the election Nov. 4, 2014. He is presently a county board member in Winnebago County and the Republican deputy state central committeeman for the 17th District in Illinois. He is also the past president of the Illinois chapter of the Republican Hispanic National Assembly.