- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Pedestrian shot in drive-by near School Street
Rockford Police are looking for a a suspect vehicle they say was involved in a drive-by shooting that injured a 21-year-old man around 4 a.m., Thursday, Aug. 13.
Police say the victim was walking near Jilson Avenue and School Street when he was hit in the right shoulder by a shot fired from a red Pontiac Grand Am. He was transported to the hospital where he is being treated for a non-life-threatening injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call Rockford Police at (815) 987-5824.