- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Police: Man robbed Rockford bank naked, spit on officer
Rockford police say a man robbed a downtown bank while nude Friday, Aug. 15.
According to a police report, 32-year-old Ezekiel Deanda emerged from the basement at Associated Bank at 612 N. Main St., naked, and demanded money from a teller around 11 a.m., Friday. He then ran back to the basement and got dressed. That’s when police arrived and wrestled him to the ground.
During the struggle, Deanda allegedly spit on one of the officers.
Police say Deanda entered the bank through the south door and made his way to the basement, where he disrobed. He is charged with robbery, resisting and battery to a police officer.