- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Police: Man robbed Rockford bank naked, spit on officer
Rockford police say a man robbed a downtown bank while nude Friday, Aug. 15.
According to a police report, 32-year-old Ezekiel Deanda emerged from the basement at Associated Bank at 612 N. Main St., naked, and demanded money from a teller around 11 a.m., Friday. He then ran back to the basement and got dressed. That’s when police arrived and wrestled him to the ground.
During the struggle, Deanda allegedly spit on one of the officers.
Police say Deanda entered the bank through the south door and made his way to the basement, where he disrobed. He is charged with robbery, resisting and battery to a police officer.