- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
- ComEd and river goers at same level?
- State Roundup: Governor visits IDOT listening tour, told he’s wrong on Turnaround
Police: Man robbed Rockford bank naked, spit on officer
Rockford police say a man robbed a downtown bank while nude Friday, Aug. 15.
According to a police report, 32-year-old Ezekiel Deanda emerged from the basement at Associated Bank at 612 N. Main St., naked, and demanded money from a teller around 11 a.m., Friday. He then ran back to the basement and got dressed. That’s when police arrived and wrestled him to the ground.
During the struggle, Deanda allegedly spit on one of the officers.
Police say Deanda entered the bank through the south door and made his way to the basement, where he disrobed. He is charged with robbery, resisting and battery to a police officer.