- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
Police: Man robbed Rockford bank naked, spit on officer
Rockford police say a man robbed a downtown bank while nude Friday, Aug. 15.
According to a police report, 32-year-old Ezekiel Deanda emerged from the basement at Associated Bank at 612 N. Main St., naked, and demanded money from a teller around 11 a.m., Friday. He then ran back to the basement and got dressed. That’s when police arrived and wrestled him to the ground.
During the struggle, Deanda allegedly spit on one of the officers.
Police say Deanda entered the bank through the south door and made his way to the basement, where he disrobed. He is charged with robbery, resisting and battery to a police officer.