- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Police: Man robbed Rockford bank naked, spit on officer
Rockford police say a man robbed a downtown bank while nude Friday, Aug. 15.
According to a police report, 32-year-old Ezekiel Deanda emerged from the basement at Associated Bank at 612 N. Main St., naked, and demanded money from a teller around 11 a.m., Friday. He then ran back to the basement and got dressed. That’s when police arrived and wrestled him to the ground.
During the struggle, Deanda allegedly spit on one of the officers.
Police say Deanda entered the bank through the south door and made his way to the basement, where he disrobed. He is charged with robbery, resisting and battery to a police officer.