- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
River Action’s Floatzilla Aug. 16 on Mississippi River
Everyone is invited to participate in Floatzilla Saturday, Aug. 16, as River Action attempts to break a world record for the most kayaks on the Mississippi River at once.
River Action’s Floatzilla 2014 – the Quad Cities’ Fifth Annual paddlesports celebration– includes camping, guided floats on the Quad Cities Water Trails and beginner-friendly paddling lessons and programs.
In past events, the event has attracted more than 1,600 kayaks and canoes in the water near Sunset Marina on the Upper Mississippi. The world record is 1,900.
For more information, call (563) 322-2969, or visit the event’s website.