- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
River Action’s Floatzilla Aug. 16 on Mississippi River
Everyone is invited to participate in Floatzilla Saturday, Aug. 16, as River Action attempts to break a world record for the most kayaks on the Mississippi River at once.
River Action’s Floatzilla 2014 – the Quad Cities’ Fifth Annual paddlesports celebration– includes camping, guided floats on the Quad Cities Water Trails and beginner-friendly paddling lessons and programs.
In past events, the event has attracted more than 1,600 kayaks and canoes in the water near Sunset Marina on the Upper Mississippi. The world record is 1,900.
For more information, call (563) 322-2969, or visit the event’s website.