- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
River Action’s Floatzilla Aug. 16 on Mississippi River
Everyone is invited to participate in Floatzilla Saturday, Aug. 16, as River Action attempts to break a world record for the most kayaks on the Mississippi River at once.
River Action’s Floatzilla 2014 – the Quad Cities’ Fifth Annual paddlesports celebration– includes camping, guided floats on the Quad Cities Water Trails and beginner-friendly paddling lessons and programs.
In past events, the event has attracted more than 1,600 kayaks and canoes in the water near Sunset Marina on the Upper Mississippi. The world record is 1,900.
For more information, call (563) 322-2969, or visit the event’s website.