- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
River Action’s Floatzilla Aug. 16 on Mississippi River
Everyone is invited to participate in Floatzilla Saturday, Aug. 16, as River Action attempts to break a world record for the most kayaks on the Mississippi River at once.
River Action’s Floatzilla 2014 – the Quad Cities’ Fifth Annual paddlesports celebration– includes camping, guided floats on the Quad Cities Water Trails and beginner-friendly paddling lessons and programs.
In past events, the event has attracted more than 1,600 kayaks and canoes in the water near Sunset Marina on the Upper Mississippi. The world record is 1,900.
For more information, call (563) 322-2969, or visit the event’s website.