- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
River Action’s Floatzilla Aug. 16 on Mississippi River
Everyone is invited to participate in Floatzilla Saturday, Aug. 16, as River Action attempts to break a world record for the most kayaks on the Mississippi River at once.
River Action’s Floatzilla 2014 – the Quad Cities’ Fifth Annual paddlesports celebration– includes camping, guided floats on the Quad Cities Water Trails and beginner-friendly paddling lessons and programs.
In past events, the event has attracted more than 1,600 kayaks and canoes in the water near Sunset Marina on the Upper Mississippi. The world record is 1,900.
For more information, call (563) 322-2969, or visit the event’s website.