- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Rockford man arrested after YMCA basketball scuffle
A Rockford man is in custody after allegedly punching an opposing player in the face during a pickup basketball game earlier this month.
According to police, 33-year-old Remere Dubois punched the other player at the Loves Park YMCA Aug. 3. The player fell backwards and hit his head and was taken to the hospital.
Dubois was arrested Aug. 14. He is being held on charges of aggravated battery in a public place and aggravated battery, causing great bodily harm.
Bond has been set at $25,000. Dubois is scheduled for court Tuesday, Aug. 19, at 8:30 a.m.