- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Rockford man arrested after YMCA basketball scuffle
A Rockford man is in custody after allegedly punching an opposing player in the face during a pickup basketball game earlier this month.
According to police, 33-year-old Remere Dubois punched the other player at the Loves Park YMCA Aug. 3. The player fell backwards and hit his head and was taken to the hospital.
Dubois was arrested Aug. 14. He is being held on charges of aggravated battery in a public place and aggravated battery, causing great bodily harm.
Bond has been set at $25,000. Dubois is scheduled for court Tuesday, Aug. 19, at 8:30 a.m.