- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Rockford man arrested after YMCA basketball scuffle
A Rockford man is in custody after allegedly punching an opposing player in the face during a pickup basketball game earlier this month.
According to police, 33-year-old Remere Dubois punched the other player at the Loves Park YMCA Aug. 3. The player fell backwards and hit his head and was taken to the hospital.
Dubois was arrested Aug. 14. He is being held on charges of aggravated battery in a public place and aggravated battery, causing great bodily harm.
Bond has been set at $25,000. Dubois is scheduled for court Tuesday, Aug. 19, at 8:30 a.m.