- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
- Rockford Rocked: A chat with local musician Tony Walker
- Drafts & Fare: Women brewers find more recognition in market
Rockford man arrested after YMCA basketball scuffle
A Rockford man is in custody after allegedly punching an opposing player in the face during a pickup basketball game earlier this month.
According to police, 33-year-old Remere Dubois punched the other player at the Loves Park YMCA Aug. 3. The player fell backwards and hit his head and was taken to the hospital.
Dubois was arrested Aug. 14. He is being held on charges of aggravated battery in a public place and aggravated battery, causing great bodily harm.
Bond has been set at $25,000. Dubois is scheduled for court Tuesday, Aug. 19, at 8:30 a.m.