- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Rockford man arrested after YMCA basketball scuffle
A Rockford man is in custody after allegedly punching an opposing player in the face during a pickup basketball game earlier this month.
According to police, 33-year-old Remere Dubois punched the other player at the Loves Park YMCA Aug. 3. The player fell backwards and hit his head and was taken to the hospital.
Dubois was arrested Aug. 14. He is being held on charges of aggravated battery in a public place and aggravated battery, causing great bodily harm.
Bond has been set at $25,000. Dubois is scheduled for court Tuesday, Aug. 19, at 8:30 a.m.