- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
Rockton man charged with possession of explosives, cannabis
A Rockton man has been charged with several crimes after members of the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office Bomb Squad served a search warrant at his home last weekend.
Glenn Hetzer, 47, was arrested Saturday, Aug. 16, after Rockton Police received a information that illegal firearms and explosives were inside his residence at 655 Wingate Place. Upon entry into the dwelling, the bomb squad cleared the residence to ensure safety of responding officers. It was determined there was no imminent threat and officers continued their search. The search yielded evidence of firearms and ammunition, improvised explosive devices and cannabis, police allege.
Hetzer has been charged with possession of a explosive device, unlawful use of a weapon, possession of cannabis, possession of drug paraphernalia, no FOID, and possession of jackrocks/calthrops. He is being held without bond at the Winnebago County Jail. He’s expected in court this afternoon.