- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Rockton man charged with possession of explosives, cannabis
A Rockton man has been charged with several crimes after members of the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office Bomb Squad served a search warrant at his home last weekend.
Glenn Hetzer, 47, was arrested Saturday, Aug. 16, after Rockton Police received a information that illegal firearms and explosives were inside his residence at 655 Wingate Place. Upon entry into the dwelling, the bomb squad cleared the residence to ensure safety of responding officers. It was determined there was no imminent threat and officers continued their search. The search yielded evidence of firearms and ammunition, improvised explosive devices and cannabis, police allege.
Hetzer has been charged with possession of a explosive device, unlawful use of a weapon, possession of cannabis, possession of drug paraphernalia, no FOID, and possession of jackrocks/calthrops. He is being held without bond at the Winnebago County Jail. He’s expected in court this afternoon.