- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Rockton man charged with possession of explosives, cannabis
A Rockton man has been charged with several crimes after members of the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office Bomb Squad served a search warrant at his home last weekend.
Glenn Hetzer, 47, was arrested Saturday, Aug. 16, after Rockton Police received a information that illegal firearms and explosives were inside his residence at 655 Wingate Place. Upon entry into the dwelling, the bomb squad cleared the residence to ensure safety of responding officers. It was determined there was no imminent threat and officers continued their search. The search yielded evidence of firearms and ammunition, improvised explosive devices and cannabis, police allege.
Hetzer has been charged with possession of a explosive device, unlawful use of a weapon, possession of cannabis, possession of drug paraphernalia, no FOID, and possession of jackrocks/calthrops. He is being held without bond at the Winnebago County Jail. He’s expected in court this afternoon.