- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
Rockton man charged with possession of explosives, cannabis
A Rockton man has been charged with several crimes after members of the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office Bomb Squad served a search warrant at his home last weekend.
Glenn Hetzer, 47, was arrested Saturday, Aug. 16, after Rockton Police received a information that illegal firearms and explosives were inside his residence at 655 Wingate Place. Upon entry into the dwelling, the bomb squad cleared the residence to ensure safety of responding officers. It was determined there was no imminent threat and officers continued their search. The search yielded evidence of firearms and ammunition, improvised explosive devices and cannabis, police allege.
Hetzer has been charged with possession of a explosive device, unlawful use of a weapon, possession of cannabis, possession of drug paraphernalia, no FOID, and possession of jackrocks/calthrops. He is being held without bond at the Winnebago County Jail. He’s expected in court this afternoon.