- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Rockton man charged with possession of explosives, cannabis
A Rockton man has been charged with several crimes after members of the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office Bomb Squad served a search warrant at his home last weekend.
Glenn Hetzer, 47, was arrested Saturday, Aug. 16, after Rockton Police received a information that illegal firearms and explosives were inside his residence at 655 Wingate Place. Upon entry into the dwelling, the bomb squad cleared the residence to ensure safety of responding officers. It was determined there was no imminent threat and officers continued their search. The search yielded evidence of firearms and ammunition, improvised explosive devices and cannabis, police allege.
Hetzer has been charged with possession of a explosive device, unlawful use of a weapon, possession of cannabis, possession of drug paraphernalia, no FOID, and possession of jackrocks/calthrops. He is being held without bond at the Winnebago County Jail. He’s expected in court this afternoon.