- NWS: Thunderstorms expected Sunday night
- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
Portion of Water Street parking deck damages car
Nobody was injured when a portion of the Water Street parking deck collapsed Tuesday afternoon.
Officials said a load-bearing problem caused a 6-foot section of concrete along one of the seams to break. A car parked on the lower level was damaged.
The deck will not be fixed by this Friday’s City Market. City Administrator Jim Ryan said crews will repair the damage as soon as possible.