- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Portion of Water Street parking deck damages car
Nobody was injured when a portion of the Water Street parking deck collapsed Tuesday afternoon.
Officials said a load-bearing problem caused a 6-foot section of concrete along one of the seams to break. A car parked on the lower level was damaged.
The deck will not be fixed by this Friday’s City Market. City Administrator Jim Ryan said crews will repair the damage as soon as possible.