- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Portion of Water Street parking deck damages car
Nobody was injured when a portion of the Water Street parking deck collapsed Tuesday afternoon.
Officials said a load-bearing problem caused a 6-foot section of concrete along one of the seams to break. A car parked on the lower level was damaged.
The deck will not be fixed by this Friday’s City Market. City Administrator Jim Ryan said crews will repair the damage as soon as possible.