- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Beloit Regional Hospice’s sixth annual benefit breakfast Sunday, Aug. 24
AFTON, Wisconsin — For the sixth year in a row, the aroma of steak, eggs, cheesy potatoes and toast will take over the grounds at Skip’s Friendly Village in Afton (5321 Jefferson St.) from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 24. The breakfast is being held to benefit the programs and services of Beloit Regional Hospice. Attendees will be treated to music by Bruce Olsen from 9 to 10 a.m. and the Bass Creek Boys from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Raffles and a silent auction will also be available. The raffles include the following:
• Three TVs, a 60-inch Vizio, 46-inch Magnavox, and 32-inch Vizio. The ticket price to win a TV is one ticket for $5, three tickets for $10, and 10 tickets for $20.
• Sports Package — Two tickets to college and pro sporting events — such as Badgers football, baseball, basketball, hockey, Cubs, Brewers and more. Tickets are $5 each.
• Women’s Package — 14 items — salon and spa gift certificates, basket with cosmetics, etc. 36 paddle tickets are sold, $10 each.
• Additional raffles — Golf, restaurant dinners, 10 cases of beer, etc. — $2 per ticket, four prizes per raffle.
• 50/50 cash raffles — $5 a ticket for the first few raffles, $10 a ticket for the last raffle.
• 300 scratch tickets bundle — Only 100 raffle tickets are sold to increase winning chances — $10 each.
Cost is $10 for steak, eggs, cheesy potatoes and toast, and $6 without steak. For more information, contact Skip’s Friendly Village at (608) 362-9732 or Beloit Regional Hospice at (608) 363-7421.
Posted Aug. 20, 2014