- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
Children’s Health Safety Expo set for Aug. 23 at Aviators Stadium
LOVES PARK, Illinois — Local families are invited to attend State Rep. Joe Sosnowski’s (R-Rockford) Second Annual Children’s Health Safety Expo from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 23, at Aviators Stadium, 4503 Interstate Blvd., Loves Park, Illinois.
The event will showcase several interactive activities throughout the day, including a magic show, petting zoo, bouncy house, rock climbing wall, more than 20 trucks and emergency vehicles, free kids’ identification kits, car seat safety checks, and diabetes screening. Admission to the event is free, with complimentary refreshments and giveaways also provided. Attendees are encouraged to bring a canned food item to be entered into a drawing. More than 50 state and local agencies, nonprofit organizations and businesses will host health and safety booths. Call Sosnowski’s office at (815) 547-3436 or visit www.JoeSosnowski.org.
From the Aug. 20-26, 2014, issue