- Phishing scam targets I-PASS users
- 3rd Street bridge structurally deficient, to be closed March 19
- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
Children’s Health Safety Expo set for Aug. 23 at Aviators Stadium
LOVES PARK, Illinois — Local families are invited to attend State Rep. Joe Sosnowski’s (R-Rockford) Second Annual Children’s Health Safety Expo from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 23, at Aviators Stadium, 4503 Interstate Blvd., Loves Park, Illinois.
The event will showcase several interactive activities throughout the day, including a magic show, petting zoo, bouncy house, rock climbing wall, more than 20 trucks and emergency vehicles, free kids’ identification kits, car seat safety checks, and diabetes screening. Admission to the event is free, with complimentary refreshments and giveaways also provided. Attendees are encouraged to bring a canned food item to be entered into a drawing. More than 50 state and local agencies, nonprofit organizations and businesses will host health and safety booths. Call Sosnowski’s office at (815) 547-3436 or visit www.JoeSosnowski.org.
From the Aug. 20-26, 2014, issue