- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Children’s Health Safety Expo set for Aug. 23 at Aviators Stadium
LOVES PARK, Illinois — Local families are invited to attend State Rep. Joe Sosnowski’s (R-Rockford) Second Annual Children’s Health Safety Expo from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 23, at Aviators Stadium, 4503 Interstate Blvd., Loves Park, Illinois.
The event will showcase several interactive activities throughout the day, including a magic show, petting zoo, bouncy house, rock climbing wall, more than 20 trucks and emergency vehicles, free kids’ identification kits, car seat safety checks, and diabetes screening. Admission to the event is free, with complimentary refreshments and giveaways also provided. Attendees are encouraged to bring a canned food item to be entered into a drawing. More than 50 state and local agencies, nonprofit organizations and businesses will host health and safety booths. Call Sosnowski’s office at (815) 547-3436 or visit www.JoeSosnowski.org.
From the Aug. 20-26, 2014, issue