- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Children’s Health Safety Expo set for Aug. 23 at Aviators Stadium
LOVES PARK, Illinois — Local families are invited to attend State Rep. Joe Sosnowski’s (R-Rockford) Second Annual Children’s Health Safety Expo from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 23, at Aviators Stadium, 4503 Interstate Blvd., Loves Park, Illinois.
The event will showcase several interactive activities throughout the day, including a magic show, petting zoo, bouncy house, rock climbing wall, more than 20 trucks and emergency vehicles, free kids’ identification kits, car seat safety checks, and diabetes screening. Admission to the event is free, with complimentary refreshments and giveaways also provided. Attendees are encouraged to bring a canned food item to be entered into a drawing. More than 50 state and local agencies, nonprofit organizations and businesses will host health and safety booths. Call Sosnowski’s office at (815) 547-3436 or visit www.JoeSosnowski.org.
From the Aug. 20-26, 2014, issue