- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
Children’s Health Safety Expo set for Aug. 23 at Aviators Stadium
LOVES PARK, Illinois — Local families are invited to attend State Rep. Joe Sosnowski’s (R-Rockford) Second Annual Children’s Health Safety Expo from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 23, at Aviators Stadium, 4503 Interstate Blvd., Loves Park, Illinois.
The event will showcase several interactive activities throughout the day, including a magic show, petting zoo, bouncy house, rock climbing wall, more than 20 trucks and emergency vehicles, free kids’ identification kits, car seat safety checks, and diabetes screening. Admission to the event is free, with complimentary refreshments and giveaways also provided. Attendees are encouraged to bring a canned food item to be entered into a drawing. More than 50 state and local agencies, nonprofit organizations and businesses will host health and safety booths. Call Sosnowski’s office at (815) 547-3436 or visit www.JoeSosnowski.org.
From the Aug. 20-26, 2014, issue