- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
Rockford’s Valley View Apartments holds Health Fair Aug. 27
Valley View Apartments, 3303 E. State St., Rockford, will host a Health Fair from 9 a.m. to noon, Wednesday, Aug. 27.
The Valley View Health Fair has more than 20 vendors participating, including Alzheimer’s Association, Center for Sight and Hearing, Chiropractic First, Chuchna and Son Services, Comfort Keepers, Community Outreach Attorney General Office, Debb Webb Basic Healthcare Education LLC, Don Carter Lanes, Eye Glass World, Golden Agers, Integrated Health, Lifescape Community Services, Lion’s Club, NAMI, NIAAA, Nutrition Works, Prairie Legal State, RAMP, Rock Valley Culligan, Sherri Ruston, Neighborhood Watch, Simply Home Health, Strictly Dentures, The Rock, University of Illinois Freeport Extension Services and Walgreens-Loves Park. Various health screenings will be available.
To add to the fun, the event will feature a county fair theme. Vendors are encouraged to dress in a county fair theme. Valley View residents will judge the table’s décor. Vendors could win a first-, second- or third-prize gift and ribbon.
Valley View Apartments is 167-unit apartment building for residents 62 and older or younger 62 disabled. Valley View hosts a large community room, library with computers, game room, exercise room and hair salon. Valley View is also a congregate meal site for Lifescape Dining. Valley View Apartments is accepting applications for residency. Call Cindy at (815) 399-5523 to schedule a tour.
Posted Aug. 20, 2014