- TRRT Online Edition | May 6-12
- RRI: The Names frontman Dave Galluzzo
- Madigan sues companies of student loan debt scams
- State Roundup: Gambling expansion hearing highlights two possible bills
- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
Rockford’s Valley View Apartments holds Health Fair Aug. 27
Valley View Apartments, 3303 E. State St., Rockford, will host a Health Fair from 9 a.m. to noon, Wednesday, Aug. 27.
The Valley View Health Fair has more than 20 vendors participating, including Alzheimer’s Association, Center for Sight and Hearing, Chiropractic First, Chuchna and Son Services, Comfort Keepers, Community Outreach Attorney General Office, Debb Webb Basic Healthcare Education LLC, Don Carter Lanes, Eye Glass World, Golden Agers, Integrated Health, Lifescape Community Services, Lion’s Club, NAMI, NIAAA, Nutrition Works, Prairie Legal State, RAMP, Rock Valley Culligan, Sherri Ruston, Neighborhood Watch, Simply Home Health, Strictly Dentures, The Rock, University of Illinois Freeport Extension Services and Walgreens-Loves Park. Various health screenings will be available.
To add to the fun, the event will feature a county fair theme. Vendors are encouraged to dress in a county fair theme. Valley View residents will judge the table’s décor. Vendors could win a first-, second- or third-prize gift and ribbon.
Valley View Apartments is 167-unit apartment building for residents 62 and older or younger 62 disabled. Valley View hosts a large community room, library with computers, game room, exercise room and hair salon. Valley View is also a congregate meal site for Lifescape Dining. Valley View Apartments is accepting applications for residency. Call Cindy at (815) 399-5523 to schedule a tour.
Posted Aug. 20, 2014