- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Rockford’s Valley View Apartments holds Health Fair Aug. 27
Valley View Apartments, 3303 E. State St., Rockford, will host a Health Fair from 9 a.m. to noon, Wednesday, Aug. 27.
The Valley View Health Fair has more than 20 vendors participating, including Alzheimer’s Association, Center for Sight and Hearing, Chiropractic First, Chuchna and Son Services, Comfort Keepers, Community Outreach Attorney General Office, Debb Webb Basic Healthcare Education LLC, Don Carter Lanes, Eye Glass World, Golden Agers, Integrated Health, Lifescape Community Services, Lion’s Club, NAMI, NIAAA, Nutrition Works, Prairie Legal State, RAMP, Rock Valley Culligan, Sherri Ruston, Neighborhood Watch, Simply Home Health, Strictly Dentures, The Rock, University of Illinois Freeport Extension Services and Walgreens-Loves Park. Various health screenings will be available.
To add to the fun, the event will feature a county fair theme. Vendors are encouraged to dress in a county fair theme. Valley View residents will judge the table’s décor. Vendors could win a first-, second- or third-prize gift and ribbon.
Valley View Apartments is 167-unit apartment building for residents 62 and older or younger 62 disabled. Valley View hosts a large community room, library with computers, game room, exercise room and hair salon. Valley View is also a congregate meal site for Lifescape Dining. Valley View Apartments is accepting applications for residency. Call Cindy at (815) 399-5523 to schedule a tour.
Posted Aug. 20, 2014