- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Chuck Jefferson retirement party tonight
The public is welcome to attend a retirement celebration for former state Rep. Chuck Jefferson from 4-7 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 21, at Cliffbreakers, 700 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford.
Jefferson, 69, announced his retirement July 1. He was a five-term member of the Illinois legislature, replacing Doug Scott when he was elected mayor of Rockford in 2001. Jefferson was also a 10-year member of the Winnebago County Board.
He has been succeeded by Litesa Wallace, his former chief of staff. Wallace will serve out the rest of Jefferson’s term that expires next year.