- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Chuck Jefferson retirement party tonight
The public is welcome to attend a retirement celebration for former state Rep. Chuck Jefferson from 4-7 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 21, at Cliffbreakers, 700 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford.
Jefferson, 69, announced his retirement July 1. He was a five-term member of the Illinois legislature, replacing Doug Scott when he was elected mayor of Rockford in 2001. Jefferson was also a 10-year member of the Winnebago County Board.
He has been succeeded by Litesa Wallace, his former chief of staff. Wallace will serve out the rest of Jefferson’s term that expires next year.