- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Chuck Jefferson retirement party tonight
The public is welcome to attend a retirement celebration for former state Rep. Chuck Jefferson from 4-7 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 21, at Cliffbreakers, 700 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford.
Jefferson, 69, announced his retirement July 1. He was a five-term member of the Illinois legislature, replacing Doug Scott when he was elected mayor of Rockford in 2001. Jefferson was also a 10-year member of the Winnebago County Board.
He has been succeeded by Litesa Wallace, his former chief of staff. Wallace will serve out the rest of Jefferson’s term that expires next year.