- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
- BREAKING: Rauner vetoes state budget
Chuck Jefferson retirement party tonight
The public is welcome to attend a retirement celebration for former state Rep. Chuck Jefferson from 4-7 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 21, at Cliffbreakers, 700 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford.
Jefferson, 69, announced his retirement July 1. He was a five-term member of the Illinois legislature, replacing Doug Scott when he was elected mayor of Rockford in 2001. Jefferson was also a 10-year member of the Winnebago County Board.
He has been succeeded by Litesa Wallace, his former chief of staff. Wallace will serve out the rest of Jefferson’s term that expires next year.