- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
City Market open Friday, parking deck condemned
Rockford City Market will be open Friday, Aug. 22, although the Water Street parking deck will be closed.
Officials have revised the market’s layout, expanding vendor booths toward East State Street to accommodate the closure. All vendors will be present, and there will be a map available so visitors can find the modified layout. Music will be provided from 4-7:30 p.m., by Sonicbloom.
A portion of the parking deck collapsed Tuesday, sending debris down on top of a car parked underneath. The collapse was caused by a loading truck that ignored the weight restriction on the 35-year-old deck. The structure is scheduled to be torn down this fall. It is now condemned.