- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
City Market open Friday, parking deck condemned
Rockford City Market will be open Friday, Aug. 22, although the Market Street parking deck will be closed.
Officials have revised the market’s layout, expanding vendor booths toward East State Street to accommodate the closure. All vendors will be present, and there will be a map available so visitors can find the modified layout. Music will be provided from 4-7:30 p.m., by Sonicbloom.
A portion of the parking deck collapsed Tuesday, sending debris down on top of a car parked underneath. The collapse was caused by a loading truck that ignored the weight restriction on the 35-year-old deck. The structure is scheduled to be torn down this fall. It is now condemned.