- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
City Market open Friday, parking deck condemned
Rockford City Market will be open Friday, Aug. 22, although the Water Street parking deck will be closed.
Officials have revised the market’s layout, expanding vendor booths toward East State Street to accommodate the closure. All vendors will be present, and there will be a map available so visitors can find the modified layout. Music will be provided from 4-7:30 p.m., by Sonicbloom.
A portion of the parking deck collapsed Tuesday, sending debris down on top of a car parked underneath. The collapse was caused by a loading truck that ignored the weight restriction on the 35-year-old deck. The structure is scheduled to be torn down this fall. It is now condemned.