- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
City Market open Friday, parking deck condemned
Rockford City Market will be open Friday, Aug. 22, although the Water Street parking deck will be closed.
Officials have revised the market’s layout, expanding vendor booths toward East State Street to accommodate the closure. All vendors will be present, and there will be a map available so visitors can find the modified layout. Music will be provided from 4-7:30 p.m., by Sonicbloom.
A portion of the parking deck collapsed Tuesday, sending debris down on top of a car parked underneath. The collapse was caused by a loading truck that ignored the weight restriction on the 35-year-old deck. The structure is scheduled to be torn down this fall. It is now condemned.