- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
City Market open Friday, parking deck condemned
Rockford City Market will be open Friday, Aug. 22, although the Water Street parking deck will be closed.
Officials have revised the market’s layout, expanding vendor booths toward East State Street to accommodate the closure. All vendors will be present, and there will be a map available so visitors can find the modified layout. Music will be provided from 4-7:30 p.m., by Sonicbloom.
A portion of the parking deck collapsed Tuesday, sending debris down on top of a car parked underneath. The collapse was caused by a loading truck that ignored the weight restriction on the 35-year-old deck. The structure is scheduled to be torn down this fall. It is now condemned.